• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode IX December 20, 2019
6 6

2,429 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I screwed my education up. I could paint myself as a victim and say that the system failed me, but, I knew exactly what I was doing when I did it. The education system just isn't a good fit for someone like me. And the entire system wasn't against me. As an example:

I applied for Algebra 2. I was put into Basic Math 2. I skipped class for 2 extra lunches the first 10 classes/2 weeks. They found out (quick), and my counselor switched my schedule to give me 2 full hours of Basic Music - where I could play guitar for the last 2 hours of my day.

The system IMO needs to be geared/tuned more-specifically to students' ambitions. I know that can be tough, but alternatively, removing obstacles is a much more dangerous route. Babying is the wrong approach. We need to breed contributing adults. I ended up in a great place by the time I was 25 despite being an academic failure.

What does this have to do with Star Wars? Well, if Rian Johnson wasn't raised to be such a participation-trophy loser, maybe The Last Jedi wouldn't have been an abomination.

:roflmao:

On 12/10/2019 at 11:47 AM, mattn792 said:

How dare the two of you be so unwoke!  I'm going to Twitter and Instagram and the UN and the post office to express my outrage immediately!  People will care that I have absolutely nothing productive to say!!!!!  :bigsmile:

Seems she tried to get right by going on another interview rant. Fun times at Disney no doubt.

Edited by zhamlau

13 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

I have no intention of seeing this movie at the theater unless the kids beg me to take them, but I have been reading the spoilers for it and if the latest leak is accurate then it will be a total mess.  They really botched the whole thing.  

Yeah, the spoilers I'm reading are pretty bad.  If one in particular is true, I expect the audience to roar with laughter.

I wouldn't trust any spoilers right now. I also mentioned before that text spoilers, that might seem bad when you read them, don't always translate as poorly on-screen.

When you see the Abrams visuals and hear the Star Wars music. Sometimes that changes everything.

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I wouldn't trust any spoilers right now. I also mentioned before that text spoilers, that might seem bad when you read them, don't always translate as poorly on-screen.

When you see the Abrams visuals and hear the Star Wars music. Sometimes that changes everything.

Definitely where Abrams excels, the scene in TFA where the X-Wings are first coming in to counterattack at Maz's bar is one of my favorites in all of Star Wars, period.  Large reason why I predicted A+ visuals and D- plot for the Sky of Risewalker.  

Here's a question though - leave the TLJ plot and dialogue as it, but put Abrams in charge of the visuals.  Would it make a difference?  Highly doubtful.  So if IX's plot is equally terrible, or another heavy derivative, I don't think anything will save it.  Its certainly going to make its billion-ish dollar box office, but we'll probably be back here complaining about how lame the movie was.

7 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Definitely where Abrams excels, the scene in TFA where the X-Wings are first coming in to counterattack at Maz's bar is one of my favorites in all of Star Wars, period.  Large reason why I predicted A+ visuals and D- plot for the Sky of Risewalker.  

Here's a question though - leave the TLJ plot and dialogue as it, but put Abrams in charge of the visuals.  Would it make a difference?  Highly doubtful.  So if IX's plot is equally terrible, or another heavy derivative, I don't think anything will save it.  Its certainly going to make its billion-ish dollar box office, but we'll probably be back here complaining about how lame the movie was.

Pretty sure we will be back here complaining! lol

Regarding the visuals: I think RJ did an ok job with that! It's just the story & characterization that sucked ! 

6 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

The throne room fight? 100% yes. It would be a slightly better movie. Slightly. The music was off for TLJ, too, though. I never got into any scene.

We have about a week until we can judge. Let's try not to trash it until we get the final product. I was unhappy with some Endgame leaks and the movie ended up blowing me away.

1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

The throne room fight? 100% yes. It would be a slightly better movie. Slightly. The music was off for TLJ, too, though. I never got into any scene.

We have about a week until we can judge. Let's try not to trash it until we get the final product. I was unhappy with some Endgame leaks and the movie ended up blowing me away.

I want to like ROS, I just don't think it will be good

Prediction: Endgame will be much better then ROS! 

2 minutes ago, bane said:

I read that The Rise of Skywalker (under Abrams) will just be a ripoff of Return of the Jedi but with lens flares lol 

:roflmao:

sounds about right! Maybe the lenses flares will hypnotize us thinking it will be good! 

4 minutes ago, comics4all said:

I want to like ROS, I just don't think it will be good

Prediction: Endgame will be much better then ROS! 

That's about as 100% guaranteed as you can get.

The Last Jedi is one of the worst things to ever happen to a film franchise.

Infinity War is a complete 180. It could be the best comic book movie that will ever be made.

Trash in = trash out. Star Wars won't be able to magically fix what RJ :censored:ed.

4 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

That's about as 100% guaranteed as you can get.

The Last Jedi is one of the worst things to ever happen to a film franchise.

Infinity War is a complete 180. It could be the best comic book movie that will ever be made.

Trash in = trash out. Star Wars won't be able to magically fix what RJ :censored:ed.

you sir.jpe

Having been a small part of movie productions from DC, Marvel and Disney, I've seen first hand people pumping out false info to fit their agendas or to promote their Youtube channel etc. 

With Star Wars it happens even more so with every movie. From SuperShadow to Mike Zeroh & DVD Overlord. That said there's usually some real info out there from a small handful of longtime sources and it better just to avoid it. Especially when it can easily be framed to something that sounds terrible on paper but looks amazing on screen. Admittedly I've had a hard time myself avoiding the more credible leak sources.

Edited by Rip

On 12/10/2019 at 3:53 PM, fantastic_four said:

I can't tell what political agenda you're pushing here so I deem it off-topic.  (tsk)

An obscure, obscurantist, off-topic agenda, hits the bull's eye.