• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode IX December 20, 2019
6 6

2,429 posts in this topic

Ok, so Palps is in this movie, and he was in Episode I, II, III, V, VI, (and based on some leaks that if they turn out true then he was in VII, and VIII as well), so taking that into account were these a Skywalker story or is this just a Palps story?  

Obviously this is a Skywalker story if you just count 1 - 6, but now that these last 3 have been added I think it really changes the entire dynamic.

2 hours ago, media_junkie said:

Ok, so Palps is in this movie, and he was in Episode I, II, III, V, VI, (and based on some leaks that if they turn out true then he was in VII, and VIII as well), so taking that into account were these a Skywalker story or is this just a Palps story?  

Obviously this is a Skywalker story if you just count 1 - 6, but now that these last 3 have been added I think it really changes the entire dynamic.

Either way, it’s unimaginatively lame.  The entire GFFA revolves around 2 families apparently.

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Man they are advertising this movie everywhere. Fortnight even has a trailer
and SW theme this week. Makes me think they are really trying to get people
to this movie which worries me.

And the advertising is all terrible to boot.  Freakin' United Airlines has a SW tie in commercial.  Like I said a while back, hopefully it all stops once this is finally released.  But it will probably get worse instead.

The best Sci-fi Sequel in the last 20 years has been Blade Runner 2049.

That type of quality is what Star Wars should be delivering, but that's just not the case.

The person that spewed this slop just don't care! Star Wars has a lot of great mileage left in it just look at Mando!

On 8/13/2018 at 7:39 AM, Chuck Gower said:

I saw the Sicario sequel a couple of weeks ago and loved it. Man, just a brutal, hard hitting movie with great performances. Josh Brolin is always great, and Benicio Del Toro is fantastic - really ALL the performances are top notch - I need to see the first movie.

I'll also add:

The Post

Disaster Artist

Kodachrome

Train to Busan (a really cool Korean zombie movie)

(There are film markets throughout the world; UK, France, India, China, Taiwan, Japan, etc., that make exceptional films ever year.)

Anything by Alex Garland: Ex Machina, Annihilation...

Can't wait for Blackkklansman, which looks really good....

There are others, even more mainstream, I was entertained by... Atomic Blonde, Equalizer 2... as well as many foreign films...

But it's tough to recommend movies to people, because everyone has their own ideas about what they want, and usually, it's simple, regurgitated pap. (shrug)

The Post was great

7 hours ago, Wally's Comics said:

The best Sci-fi Sequel in the last 20 years has been Blade Runner 2049.

That type of quality is what Star Wars should be delivering, but that's just not the case.

The person that spewed this slop just don't care! Star Wars has a lot of great mileage left in it just look at Mando!

2049 doesn’t get the respect it’s due. It changes gears a lot story and pacing wise but it never feels forced.

4 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

5 days...

The "Kylo Ren Meets Palpatine" clip got me more hyped...

I watched it last night, and it reiterated my recent thought that Episode IX seems a lot like AC/DC releasing an album called "Iron Man 2" -- it contains a bunch of old hits thrown together and hidden under a familiar title so that people will hopefully have spent their money on the product before realizing that they've been had.

1 minute ago, mattn792 said:

I watched it last night, and it reiterated my recent thought that Episode IX seems a lot like AC/DC releasing an album called "Iron Man 2" -- it contains a bunch of old hits thrown together and hidden under a familiar title so that people will hopefully have spent their money on the product before realizing that they've been had.

Okay, Buzz Killington.