• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode IX December 20, 2019
6 6

2,429 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Foley said:

Saw it today.

Didn't like it.

Glad the sequel trilogy is over.

Shame isn't it. Discuss offline Ryan, when you're ready...

On 12/18/2019 at 4:01 PM, Buzzetta said:

Try to give Solo another chance and watch Rogue One, Ep4 and then ESB and Solo actually gets better.  I promise you that.  Donald Glover is to Billy Dee's Lando as Ewan McGregor was to Alec Guiness' Obi Wan.  Glover is spot on.  If anything Solo made ESB even better because it gives you more of a back story when Han actually decides to go to Cloud City. 

It made me realize the following: 

• It has been well over a decade since Han has seen Lando 
  • Lando sells out Han so easily since they had never been as tight at one point as we were led to believe in ESB
  • It makes a lot more sense when Han tells Chewbacca to keep his eyes open as Lando comes to greet him. 
  • Lot of little things that I don't want to ruin but may give you some AHA moments.  You can't just watch Solo though.  Watch Solo and then ESB soon after. 

I've rewatched Solo and like it more with each viewing. I still don't get your love for Rogue One but will give it one more shot. 

Solo might be my 3rd or 4th favorite of the series. I also think Sith isn't as bad as everyone thinks it is.  

4 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I've rewatched Solo and like it more with each viewing. I still don't get your love for Rogue One but will give it one more shot. 

Solo might be my 3rd or 4th favorite of the series. I also think Sith isn't as bad as everyone thinks it is.  

I may have to revisit this film.

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

There are some things I don't like but The Han, Chewie friendship, the Lando rivalry and Woody Harrelson character make the movie extremely enjoyable.

17 minutes ago, Rip said:

I really like Solo. All my kids also like it.

An interesting thing RoS Rotten Tomatoes....85% AUDIENCE SCORE 10,000+ votes

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star_wars_the_rise_of_skywalker/

Oh Lord. That doesn't even smell right.

10K (+) people rushed back in only a few days to review this film on Rotten Tomatoes? I smell corporate marketing counter measures.

I really have zero interest in this movie and it’s existing characters 

when Luke died my interest died

and @Buzzetta is wrong - the Jedis don’t get grumpy when they are old and that war is not the answer - they were that way because they had lost to the empire and one of their own had been the reason for it

Obi Wan wasn’t grumpy in fact he was hopeful that Luke would be enough to turn the tide

luke was always whiny yeah that was true but he’s also hopeful that he can change his father at the end 

46 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I have been putting solo on hold ever since the debacle that was episode 8 . I do agree with the comment on Sith as it is my personal fave of the prequel trilogy . My only qualm is how good “ the clone wars“  show was and how all that has to be wedged in what a 2.5 year span beaten episode 2 and 3 ? I get that the clones have enhanced aging but this must’ve been NON-STOP battles 

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

ditto. Plus I accidentally bought the 4k version off Amazon instead of renting so I have every reason to try and find some enjoyment in it.

1 hour ago, Rip said:

I really like Solo. All my kids also like it.

An interesting thing RoS Rotten Tomatoes....85% AUDIENCE SCORE 10,000+ votes

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star_wars_the_rise_of_skywalker/

I'm still finding this quite interesting.

SW_ROS.PNG.b90e82bad9c56c090e9af9d5c7a21914.PNG

10,800 people rushed from the theater to share their thoughts rather rapidly, countering the critics mixed reviews. hm

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

I'm still finding this quite interesting.

SW_ROS.PNG.b90e82bad9c56c090e9af9d5c7a21914.PNG

10,800 people rushed from the theater to share their thoughts rather rapidly, countering the critics mixed reviews. hm

Solo was spammed with 14000 the day it came out before even all the reviews were in and it was at 37%. Its still early.

IMDB is at 6.9

Edited by Rip

11 minutes ago, Rip said:

Solo was spammed with 14000 the day it came out and was at 37%. Its still early.

IMDB is at 6.9

Metacritic is at 54 for reviewers and 5.1 audience. Also scores typically adjust downward as the most devoted, excited, passionate fans see the film first.

Edited by drotto

I'm not sure you guys understand--Solo has a 70% Rotten Tomatoes rating whereas this has a 58% rating.  Clearly, Solo was better.  Let's ramp up the negativity...this thread has almost become bearable with all the gushing fanboy positivity within the last 24 hours.  ???  :taptaptap:

Edited by fantastic_four