• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode IX December 20, 2019
6 6

2,429 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, GeneticNinja said:

I don't know if it's funny or sad that Abrams is responsible for the bad state of both Star Trek and Star Wars. Profitable movies but both series are basically going to be over for a bunch of years.

Well being involved in a pedophile scandal doesnt help

I did see it today, walked out thinking pretty good, my brother on the other hand went on and on about how good...

Claiming this generation loves something or other :)

I welled up a couple of times, but wasn't that into it 

43 minutes ago, Rip said:

If I wasn't unclear, 10K votes is par for course. I doubt studios are spamming this.  But RT has always been a poor benchmark.

Based on what?

Studios have been caught counter-rating critic results through the audience score boosts. Just like fanatic trolls have used this area to attack films (The Last Jedi, Captain Marvel).

1 minute ago, GeneticNinja said:

Abrams? Never heard that before.

I was hoping that I would want a Rey Hot Toys figure after these movies. But it's not looking like that now.

Well google is a great tool. I dunno about toys, I stick to Transformers for the most part.

The movie was OK. It was much better than I expected, but my expectations were low.  It was my favorite of the Disney Trilogy movies. Rogue One is still my favorite Disney Star Wars movie.  I give it a 6.5 out of 10.  There are a few plot points that do not sit well with me and how they effect the OT, as well as much of the plot and moments from the film were clearly recycled from the OT.

Edited by drotto

24 minutes ago, IkewithMike said:

Well google is a great tool. I dunno about toys, I stick to Transformers for the most part.

I use DuckDuckGo when I search myself.

star-wars-rey-bb-8-sixth-scale-set-hot-toys.thumb.jpg.ad844e4a2489d72b5565b3457785ff93.jpg

Rey from the first movie Hot Toys figure.

8 minutes ago, drotto said:

The movie was OK. It was much better than I expected, but my expectations were low.  It was my favorite of the Disney Trilogy movies. Rogue One is still my favorite Disney Star Wars movie.  I give it a 6.5 out of 10.  There are a few plot points that do not sit well with me and how they effect the OT, as well as much of the plot and moments from the film were clearly recycled from the OT.

Rogue One was a nice surprise. I have the Mondo poster from that one and the Hot Toys Jyn figure.

I remember people saying how if the Emperor was a clone or had clones, that would be bad for Vader's redemption. But now, the Emperor is back. Seems like those old books and comics weren't that bad after all. I keep thinking that they decided that those old comics and books are now unofficial for this.

Just now, IkewithMike said:

Kinda pissed they brought Palpatine back, but I have yet to see the movie, go tomorrow night, so I guess I'll find out how bad it'll be

It good for what it is, just do not think too hard, and try to go in with an open mind.  It is fine as a Pop Corn movie.  It does not hold a candle to the OT.

Just now, drotto said:

It good for what it is, just do not think too hard, and try to go in with an open mind.  It is fine as a Pop Corn movie.  It does not hold a candle to the OT.

I'm really not expecting to be wow'd, which is really a crying shame. However, since I am not a fanboy, this is all I expect, a popcorn movie. However, I do feel bad for the hardcore fans, they deserve better. Hell, they've paid a lot more in merchandise and box office than I ever have.

Here's hoping that one day, art will return to the big screen and money is the after thought

I liked it as well. That's saying a lot, considering how much I disliked TLJ.

It wasn't perfect but I knew it was going to be hard to clean up after Johnson in under 3 hours.

You could almost watch 7, skip 8 and watch 9 and not miss much and have a better experience.