• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode IX December 20, 2019
6 6

2,429 posts in this topic

56 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Metacritic Audience Score just took a dip again. But at least it broke $1B worldwide, right? Movie-goer satisfaction be damned! :sumo:

Starwars_BO03.thumb.PNG.3704e5996efabdc913746d5070b2167c.PNG

Metacritic01.PNG.c3806f8fc79317928b6afe5f3e5ecc69.PNG

Same thing with TLJ. Everyone supporting that mess would say, "How could a movie that made over 1B be a failure in anyone's eyes?"

Simply because if they were better movies, either one could have hit or come close to 2B.

7 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

I want to read more about this later... however, I wonder if they were going to introduce the Loth-Wolves of the planet Lothal from Rebels.  The wolves were force sensitive.    

There was already precedence for creating live action representations of the characters introduced by Filoni in his animated series.

• Saw Guerera of the Clone Wars and Rebels appeared in Rogue One
  • Ahsoka Tano of the Clone Wars and Rebels appeared (her voice) in the Jedi Support Group Seance with Rey in Rise of Skywalker
  • Loth-Cats of the planet Lothal from Rebels have appeared in the Mandalorian in cages.

Screen Shot 2020-01-18 at 1.30.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-18 at 1.31.25 PM.png

40 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I want to read more about this later... however, I wonder if they were going to introduce the Loth-Wolves of the planet Lothal from Rebels.  The wolves were force sensitive.    

There was already precedence for creating live action representations of the characters introduced by Filoni in his animated series.

• Saw Guerera of the Clone Wars and Rebels appeared in Rogue One
  • Ahsoka Tano of the Clone Wars and Rebels appeared (her voice) in the Jedi Support Group Seance with Rey in Rise of Skywalker
  • Loth-Cats of the planet Lothal from Rebels have appeared in the Mandalorian in cages.

Screen Shot 2020-01-18 at 1.30.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-18 at 1.31.25 PM.png

I don't think Disney is into this approach, but I would love to see an Extended or Director's Cut. Though I think this concept art is tied to the first director,and these parts were never filmed to begin with.

:(

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I don't think Disney is into this approach, but I would love to see an Extended or Director's Cut. Though I think this concept art is tied to the first director,and these parts were never filmed to begin with.

:(

That’s iffy... they are and they aren’t.  We know there is a wealth of deleted and extended scenes from all of the Star Wars films.  Lucas released various deleted and extended scenes for his six films depending on which release we are talking about.  For example the deleted Yoda in exile scene made it on the Episode III dvd but was not included on the blu ray boxed set.  

Disney has released deleted and extended scenes on Disney + in the extras section for Force Awakens but not Rogue One. 

Holy! The concept art leaks are extensive.

STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER - Over 100 Pieces Of Concept Art Have LEAKED Online Showing Unfilmed Scenes

hCvhAhOi_o.jpg

It appears as if Darth Vader's ashes were going to communicate with Kylo Ren in some way, possibly leading him back to the Light side of the Force...it's hard to say without proper context, though. 

rWgy6BFY_o.jpg

This could be a vision or a glimpse at what might have been during the final battle but that is indeed Obi-Wan Kenobi there, appearing as a Force Ghost to help Rey in what looks like a moment of need.

6 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

That’s iffy... they are and they aren’t.  We know there is a wealth of deleted and extended scenes from all of the Star Wars films.  Lucas released various deleted and extended scenes for his six films depending on which release we are talking about.  For example the deleted Yoda in exile scene made it on the Episode III dvd but was not included on the blu ray boxed set.  

Disney has released deleted and extended scenes on Disney + in the extras section for Force Awakens but not Rogue One. 

I've heard they filmed the Oracle scene. (At least according to Jedi Paxis.) These Sequel trilogy art books have been a real wealth of information connected to various stages of production.

For example in the Force Awakens art book, Rey is shown swimming underwater and exploring the Death Star ruins from the early Lucas treatment

Funny that you mentioned Rogue One for some reason that movie tends to have the least amount of cut scenes shown yet we know there were massive amount taken out, like the Tie Fighter Scene in the trailer.

Edited by Rip

21 minutes ago, Rip said:

I've heard they filmed the Oracle scene. (At least according to Jedi Paxis.) These Sequel trilogy art books have been a real wealth of information connected to various stages of production.

For example in the Force Awakens art book, Rey is shown swimming underwater and exploring the Death Star ruins from the early Lucas treatment

Funny that you mentioned Rogue One for some reason that movie tends to have the least amount of cut scenes shown yet we know there were massive amount taken out, like the Tie Fighter Scene in the trailer.

I had been of the understanding that the tie fighter scene from Rogue One was sort of like Hulk running with Captain America and Black Panther in Infinity War that it was quickly drafted to create a commercial.  However, there are definitely some scenes like when they are running through the hallways that were part of the original cut.

You are definitely right though in that Rogue One had a MASSIVE amount changed from the original cut to the final cut. 

Tony Gilroy on Rogue One:  "They were in so much terrible, terrible trouble that all you could do was improve their position."