• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode IX December 20, 2019
6 6

2,429 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I had been of the understanding that the tie fighter scene from Rogue One was sort of like Hulk running with Captain America and Black Panther in Infinity War that it was quickly drafted to create a commercial.  However, there are definitely some scenes like when they are running through the hallways that were part of the original cut.

You are definitely right though in that Rogue One had a MASSIVE amount changed from the original cut to the final cut. 

Tony Gilroy on Rogue One:  "They were in so much terrible, terrible trouble that all you could do was improve their position."

A good friend of mine has a brother-in-law who was an extra in the re-shoots (he was an x-wing pilot) and the reason he got the part was because his sister is a producer who was brought in to help salvage the film. I guess she had said the movie up that point was a total disaster.  

Edited by bentbryan

37 minutes ago, bentbryan said:

A good friend of mine has a brother-in-law who was an extra in the re-shoots (he was an x-wing pilot) and the reason he got the part was because his sister is a producer who was brought in to help salvage the film. I guess she had said the movie up that point was a total disaster.  

See if your friend’s brother-in-law’s sister can also do the one thing that can truly save Star Wars: put the original Sy Snootles musical scene back in Return of the Jedi.

13 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

See if your friend’s brother-in-law’s sister can also do the one thing that can truly save Star Wars: put the original Sy Snootles musical scene back in Return of the Jedi.

Good lord yes.  What possessed Lucas to think that anything he did to mangle ROTJ was even remotely a good idea?

5 hours ago, media_junkie said:

Just looked at Rotten Tomatoes, currently Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker (52%) is the worst reviewed live action Star Wars movie, even lower than the Phantom Menace (53%).

Very much so.

SW_Franchise_Ratings.PNG.831cbe77ae6cf28adb3d11e04e8dbbdd.PNG

But at least it crossed $1B worldwide, right?

Edited by Bosco685

25 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

@Bosco685 why do you keep dumping on this movie when you haven't seen it...?

The Last Jedi did it for me in being overall disappointed with the lack of planning and thought with this latest run of film. So hearing enough about how Rise of Skywalker from sources I trust in, enough is enough.

Add to this Disney potentially manipulating user data to overcome critic negative reviews and it only adds to the distaste.

4 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

The Last Jedi did it for me in being overall disappointed with the lack of planning and thought with this latest run of film. So hearing enough about how Rise of Skywalker from sources I trust in, enough is enough.

Add to this Disney potentially manipulating user data to overcome critic negative reviews and it only adds to the distaste.

If 'ifs and buts' were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry X-Mas.

See the movie, you dingus. It's not bad (except for the Sith Dagger). Then cry me a river all you want. :baiting:

Rumors or unsubstantiated data claims don't really mean anything.*** I think that, if you see the movie, you'll accept the fact that it's a realistic representation of how fans view the film.

***Is it true? Is it necessary? Is it kind?

Just now, theCapraAegagrus said:

If 'ifs and buts' were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry X-Mas.

See the movie, you dingus. It's not bad (except for the Sith Dagger). Then cry me a river all you want. :baiting:

Rumors or unsubstantiated data claims don't really mean anything.*** I think that, if you see the movie, you'll accept the fact that it's a realistic representation of how fans view the film.

***Is it true? Is it necessary? Is it kind?

You mean like you went to the theater to support Shazam (0 X) while seeing Avengers: Endgame 6 (or more) times? :baiting:

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

You mean like you went to the theater to support Shazam (0 X) while seeing Avengers: Endgame 6 (or more) times? :baiting:

Shazam did that to itself! lol

Should I have seen Shazam in theaters? Yes. Did I want to? Yes? Was I too poor to see it before Endgame was released? Yes. When I had money to go to the movies, was there a better film in theaters? Yes.

Should you see TROS? Yes. Do you love Star Wars and dislike TLJ? Are you financially able to see it?

FTR: It was only 6 times...

32 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Shazam did that to itself! lol

Should I have seen Shazam in theaters? Yes. Did I want to? Yes? Was I too poor to see it before Endgame was released? Yes. When I had money to go to the movies, was there a better film in theaters? Yes.

Should you see TROS? Yes. Do you love Star Wars and dislike TLJ? Are you financially able to see it?

FTR: It was only 6 times...

:roflmao:

I see. So though Shazam released before Endgame, no funds to see it once. But at least you went to see Captain Marvel. :baiting:

:shy:

Just now, Bosco685 said:

I see. So though Shazam released before Endgame, no funds to see it once. But at least you went to see Captain Marvel. :baiting:

:shy:

Should I have pre-ordered tickets for Shazam? Yes. Did I? No.

I was paying a lot of debts off and had to sacrifice stuff to see Captain Marvel only twice (in retrospect, I would have rather seen Shazam). I think I was dirt-poor after pre-ordering 3 sets of Endgame tickets for opening weekend. As in, 1 McDonald's cheeseburger a day for sustenance, poor.

All I have are excuses for not seeing Shazam. What about you and TROS? You're sacrificing an enjoyable Star Wars experience just because you've read some 'leaks' and infer unsubstantiated "tampering". Come on, bro. You're supposed to be 'The Movie Guy' around here. Do yourself a favor and book a seat/some seats.

:makepoint:

3 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Should I have pre-ordered tickets for Shazam? Yes. Did I? No.

I was paying a lot of debts off and had to sacrifice stuff to see Captain Marvel only twice (in retrospect, I would have rather seen Shazam). I think I was dirt-poor after pre-ordering 3 sets of Endgame tickets for opening weekend. As in, 1 McDonald's cheeseburger a day for sustenance, poor.

All I have are excuses for not seeing Shazam. What about you and TROS? You're sacrificing an enjoyable Star Wars experience just because you've read some 'leaks' and infer unsubstantiated "tampering". Come on, bro. You're supposed to be 'The Movie Guy' around here. Do yourself a favor and book a seat/some seats.

:makepoint:

Just having fun with you. I don't care what you see. Though I am disappointed you didn't demand your money back on Captain Marvel by forcing credit towards Shazam tickets as disappointed as you were.

:nyah:

Nope. Disney has gotten enough of my early film cash with other productions. It can wait on my Redbox 'FREE Film With A Free Bucket Of Popcorn' coupon.

:insane:

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

Just having fun with you. I don't care what you see. Though I am disappointed you didn't demand your money back on Captain Marvel by forcing credit towards Shazam tickets as disappointed as you were.

:nyah:

Nope. Disney has gotten enough of my early film cash with other productions. It can wait on my Redbox 'FREE Film With A Free Bucket Of Popcorn' coupon.

:insane:

TBH I didn't think about it. I also used to work in customer service and don't want to be that guy... It's not the theater's fault that Marvel screwed the pooch.

It's not like Captain Marvel was The Last Jedi. It was mediocre and 'worth seeing', I guess. I don't really feel like money was wasted. I was just disappointed that something so far along in the Infinity Saga was just so lackluster.

I still want my money back for The Last Jedi. I want Rian Johnson to burn.