• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode IX December 20, 2019
6 6

2,429 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, zhamlau said:

And two years of defensive fans pretending cr-p is gold.

Not really... I thought Force Awakens sucked.  

8 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Resistance is most likely going to be the title of the new TV show once Rebels wraps everything up.  The question is whether it will take place before Episode IV, During Episode 4 but on the side of Episode 4,5,5... OR will it take place before Episode 7... 

Resistance is definitely for the TV show though. 

John Williams says that Episode 9 will be his last Star Wars film

http://collider.com/star-wars-9-john-williams-last-score/

However, his main title theme and other themes will probably be used throughout future movies as they are interwoven into future Star Wars soundtracks.  Therefore, the money flow will still be headed toward the Williams Compound. 

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

"There are no problems, there’s only potential.”

Luke's third lesson to Rey MAY play itself out in Episode 9

http://www.slashfilm.com/lukes-final-lesson-to-rey-star-wars-episode-9/

yeah, only potential to turn around this sham of a movie he made :facepalm: 

On this May the 4th, 2018, I feel I should reflect on my (severely) divergent thought patterns about the last two movies and ponder Episode 9...

Episode VII - "Oh my, they cast actual actors again!  And well scripted?  Damn son, this is fun to watch!  Another desert?  Another planet blower upper?  Err...yeah, a bit derivative...screw it...I love this movie!  (TFA subsequently hits cable) F you!  I adore this movie!"  :grin:

(Fun fact - in my travels through cable television, there have been four "drop everything and watch" movies for me at various times -- Punisher: War Zone, Rambo 4, The Dark Knight Rises, and now The Force Awakens)

Episode VIII - Poe doing work...good start...hey wait...did I just see Leia fly?  In space?  After a hefty explosion?  Leia can survive close proximity explosions, as well as space?  And fly?  Since when???  If Luke is supposed to be wallowing in failure, then why did he turn into Tarek el-Moussa?  Snoke stole that coat from Wayne Newton, didn't he?  No?  Liberace?  Not important...but who is his interior decorator?  What kind of lame throne room is that?  Jeez, at least hang a picture of you and your boys at the BWW on the wall.  Or break into your rendition of "Viva Las Vegas".  Well at least he got cut in half.  Teach him not to give the people what they want.  So...well its over.  Was that worse than any of I-III?  Hmmm...no.  Those all suck hard, in part because they managed to make good actors terrible.  But what am I supposed to look forward to now?  Ring kid sweeping the stables some more?  Rose's physical therapy?  Leia going to the credit union to get a loan for some new X-Wing squadrons?  Eek.  ???

Episode 9 - Make me forget Episode VIII.