• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode IX December 20, 2019
6 6

2,429 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

Actually, no. It is statistically unrealistic across 94K (+) users.

Don't let The Mouse distort reality for you. :preach:

Murphy's law, Bosco. If something can happen, it will happen.

Reality: This movie is about 86% 'good'.

Go see it, dingus. Have yourself a good ole time.

Actually, no. It is statistically unrealistic across 94K (+) users.

Don't let The Mouse distort reality for you. :preach:

This vendetta of yours is starting to become unhealthy for someone who hasn’t even watched the film.

5 minutes ago, piper said:

This vendetta of yours is starting to become unhealthy for someone who hasn’t even watched the film.

Unhealthy? No. Realizing marketing statistical manipulation is taking place with periodic snapshots which clearly indicate the activity is a form of validation.

Or do you assume you need to watch a film to determine how a studio is manipulating audience influence data? That seems like an odd observation.

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Unhealthy? No. Realizing marketing statistical manipulation is taking place with periodic snapshots which clearly indicate the activity is a form of validation.

Or do you assume you need to watch a film to determine how a studio is manipulating audience influence data? That seems like an odd observation.

86% of the people I personally know liked Rise of Skywalker so it seems like a fine number to me.

8 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Murphy's law, Bosco. If something can happen, it will happen.

Reality: This movie is about 86% 'good'.

Go see it, dingus. Have yourself a good ole time.

Murphy's Law? That really doesn't apply. But I realize you mean well.

:foryou:

Reality, RT's audience score has become a marketing feature to either detract from or dismiss critic response. And has been proven more than once.

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Murphy's Law? That really doesn't apply. But I realize you mean well.

:foryou:

Reality, RT's audience score has become a marketing feature to either detract from or dismiss critic response. And has been proven more than once.

Fact: The critics loooooooove the much-maligned Last Jedi and hate TROS (because there are some very large middle fingers towards TLJ).

The critics love affirmative action, and PC, while seeming to hate Star Wars. I'm convinced that they liked TFA only because Boyega starred in it (or simply because of the hype).

Proven... How...?

Edited by theCapraAegagrus
Typos.

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

86% of the people I personally know liked Rise of Skywalker so it seems like a fine number to me.

And that is okay, as you should enjoy what you like. But market data manipulation is a dirty play.

Just because statistics may be a form of witchcraft for some to detect these things, no need to dismiss it. Especially when it is clear from larger user aggregation 86% is not the norm. Like by 131, 763 users rating it 7.0 or less.

IMDb_ROS01.PNG.fb3004d236926c2bb6e61d78414f7a28.PNG

2 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Fact: The critics loooooooove the much-maligned Last Jedi and hate TROS (because there are some very large middle fingers towards TLJ).

The critics love affirmative action, and PC, while seeming to hate Star Wars. I'm convinced that they liked TFA only because Boyega starred in it (or simply because of the hype).

Proven... How...?

Emotions versus data-driven analysis are two separate categories. One doesn't require you to take off your socks to count your piggies to make a determination.

Disney clearly did not like how the critics slammed the final modern capstone film, which as a wrap-up would be expected to go out big. And possibly with the false impression 'Let's Endgame this thing' now that Disney has a taste of such a massive success.

Proven about manipulation? Very easy to detect when you take point-in-time snapshots and observe never a shift in score. Ever. Yet with the much smaller Critics Score population even two or three critics can drive a score up or down due to it being a much smaller contributor source. Though also manipulated by critics if any get a wild hair to tamper with the aggregated results like the fellow I have noted that bragged he did this purposely.

Emotions versus data-driven analysis are two separate categories. One doesn't require you to take off your socks to count your piggies to make a determination.

Disney clearly did not like how the critics slammed the final modern capstone film, which as a wrap-up would be expected to go out big. And possibly with the false impression 'Let's Endgame this thing' now that Disney has a taste of such a massive success.

Proven about manipulation? Very easy to detect when you take point-in-time snapshots and observe never a shift in score. Ever. Yet with the much smaller Critics Score population even two or three critics can drive a score up or down due to it being a much smaller contributor source. Though also manipulated by critics if any get a wild hair to tamper with the aggregated results like the fellow I have noted that bragged he did this purposely.

Where is the evidence? Sounds like prejudicial anecdotal conjecture considering that you haven't seen the movie.

As I said - can happen, will happen.

It's not as though this isn't an 86% good movie in the eyes of the fans - most everyone thinks this is a good-not-great movie. It's not like this is pure trash being touted as something better.

5 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Also, didn't RT change their TOS to where you have to 'prove' you saw the movie for your score to be counted?

You have a hate hard-on for this movie so massive that only Palpatine himself can appreciate.

You seem to be taking this very personal, yet then sport-hate Captain Marvel and other productions on a regular basis. And no matter if you saw the production or not (you did with that one), coming back to it every time to throw out :sick: or :facepalm: as a common practice doesn't give you a leg to stand on telling other people how to act.

More than a few people are disappointed how Disney/Lucasfilms has treated this modern run. I am one of them. After spending money to take friends and family to go see The Last Jedi, I was very bothered by how that film played out. To include Luke Skywalker as an overly negative character which was counter to all he had inspired and accomplished. Now Disney potentially manipulating data to close out the chapter in a bigger way than it deserves only adds to that dissatisfaction cake.

:gossip: eat that :baiting:

Just now, Bosco685 said:

You seem to be taking this very personal, yet then sport-hate Captain Marvel and other productions on a regular basis. And no matter if you saw the production or not (you did with that one), coming back to it every time to throw out :sick: or :facepalm: as a common practice doesn't give you a leg to stand on telling other people how to act.

More than a few people are disappointed how Disney/Lucasfilms has treated this modern run. I am one of them. After spending money to take friends and family to go see The Last Jedi, I was very bothered by how that film played out. To include Luke Skywalker as an overly negative character which was counter to all he had inspired and accomplished. Now Disney potentially manipulating data to close out the chapter in a bigger way than it deserves only adds to that dissatisfaction cake.

:gossip: eat that :baiting:

Except for the fact that you hate on a movie and claim "tampering" despite not knowing how to perceive the product yourself? I'm not being hypocritical as I actually watch the content. I criticized the Shazam trailers for being 'meh'. I criticized the movie itself as "good", because that is what those contents provided.

Critics liked TLJ. Audiences didn't. Now critics dislike TROS and you don't want to see it...?

"Potential" is not equal to evidence, Bosco. Again; can happen = will happen. I'm sure there are other movies who have maintained good, mediocre, or poor 'scores' over time.

TROS' 'score' does not paint a picture of something that it generally isn't.

You're simply feeding your "I just don't want to see this movie" face hole with BS arguments. Don't create BS reasons not to see a movie that people generally like. It's not a valid argument. You don't need to provide an uncorroborated argument to convince me of anything. I'll keep telling you to see it. You probably won't I'm not gonna stop trying to convince, but don't try to convince us that there's tampering when there is no actual evidence to support that. Is it kind? Is it true? Is it necessary?

10 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

You're simply feeding your "I just don't want to see this movie" face hole with BS arguments. Don't create BS reasons not to see a movie that people generally like. It's not a valid argument. You don't need to provide an uncorroborated argument to convince me of anything. I'll keep telling you to see it. You probably won't I'm not gonna stop trying to convince, but don't try to convince us that there's tampering when there is no actual evidence to support that. Is it kind? Is it true? Is it necessary?

I think at times some get so used to just having debates over these things based on emotion or dislike, they assume this is how everyone approaches such topics.

Evidence #1: Box Office Results

Although ROS has broken $1B for sure, comparing against its sister films numbers make it clear something is off. And in a big way when it comes to comparing to Rogue One, which was not as massive a box office success as a follow-up to the huge Force Awakens results. And that includes combining the current update with critic and movie-goer scores.

Starwars_BO03.thumb.PNG.c3bcf34c4f1ead0cd3d792e1b8236ec7.PNG

From Force Awakens to The Last Jedi, you had a situation of diminishing returns. Then came Solo and the numbers crushed crashed hard. And now you have the capstone film, which is more of a success. But reactions to it are mixed. Including that CinemaScore result from those hardcore fans that go opening week rating it the lowest of the run. Look at all that data that is clearly indicating something was off.

Then you look at the domestic comparison, which can clearly be tracked much easier than international results.

SW_BO00.thumb.PNG.4d9d852d65b2102e5528e8f630113a4f.PNG

SW_BO01.thumb.PNG.ccd6ea3ce4cc58e9b154f9404891ec67.PNG

Currently, ROS domestic results is -16.9% behind TLJ, -1.6% behind RO and -42.5% behind FA (this last one I treat as an outlier as that film fed super-hungry Star Wars fans after over a decade of waiting). Again, something is off here as people are not blasting this film off at the box office like a capstone film should. And again, by Day 33 it is now lagging behind even RO?

No evidence. Right?

Evidence #2: Critic and Movie-Goer Feedback

Going back to this category, we are awash in emotionless data to tell us a story. Even with that data which is most probably tampered with.

Lowest critic reaction - ever

SW_Franchise_Ratings.PNG.328e2c8de15327bb1ac2660eb71ceed8.PNG

IMDb massiver user base hugely counter to what RT is reporting from movie-goers. Although I usually treat 10's and 1's as outliers that contributors utilizing too frequently to throw off an average with any rating system they wish to overly-influence.

IMDb_ROS01.PNG.603eebeea8c42beb43e67d30b23e22d6.PNG

ROS_ratings03.PNG.fc466030a460c9d0d0365e5ec6e20a3b.PNG

Oh - and yes, you can still vote on a film with RT even if you didn't see the film. All they ask is which venue did you purchase your tickets from. Here. I'll rate Dolittle a 5.0/5 to help in its efforts.

RT_User01.thumb.PNG.d547c5077f56a999e86e6fe8824b7b97.PNG

Feel any more trusting of the RT user score? I don't.

Or, maybe we go back to non-data debates and 'nanny nanny boo boo stick your head in doo doo' discussions. :insane:

I think at times some get so used to just having debates over these things based on emotion or dislike, they assume this is how everyone approaches such topics.

Evidence #1: Box Office Results

Although ROS has broken $1B for sure, comparing against its sister films numbers make it clear something is off. And in a big way when it comes to comparing to Rogue One, which was not as massive a box office success as a follow-up to the huge Force Awakens results. And that includes combining the current update with critic and movie-goer scores.

From Force Awakens to The Last Jedi, you had a situation of diminishing returns. Then came Solo and the numbers crushed crashed hard. And now you have the capstone film, which is more of a success. But reactions to it are mixed. Including that CinemaScore result from those hardcore fans that go opening week rating it the lowest of the run. Look at all that data that is clearly indicating something was off.

Then you look at the domestic comparison, which can clearly be tracked much easier than international results.

Currently, ROS domestic results is -16.9% behind TLJ, -1.6% behind RO and -42.5% behind FA (this last one I treat as an outlier as that film fed super-hungry Star Wars fans after over a decade of waiting). Again, something is off here as people are not blasting this film off at the box office like a capstone film should. And again, by Day 33 it is now lagging behind even RO?

No evidence. Right?

Evidence #2: Critic and Movie-Goer Feedback

Going back to this category, we are awash in emotionless data to tell us a story. Even with that data which is most probably tampered with.

Lowest critic reaction - ever

IMDb massiver user base hugely counter to what RT is reporting from movie-goers. Although I usually treat 10's and 1's as outliers that contributors utilizing too frequently to throw off an average with any rating system they wish to overly-influence.

IMDb_ROS01.PNG.603eebeea8c42beb43e67d30b23e22d6.PNG

ROS_ratings03.PNG.fc466030a460c9d0d0365e5ec6e20a3b.PNG

Oh - and yes, you can still vote on a film with RT even if you didn't see the film. All they ask is which venue did you purchase your tickets from. Here. I'll rate Dolittle a 5.0/5 to help in its efforts.

RT_User01.thumb.PNG.d547c5077f56a999e86e6fe8824b7b97.PNG

Feel any more trusting of the RT user score? I don't.

Or, maybe we go back to non-data debates and 'nanny nanny boo boo stick your head in doo doo' discussions. :insane:

"Evidence #1" is meaningless. You and I both know that box office numbers and audience reviews are not inclusive. Good movies can get low financial results and big $$$$$ does not make a good movie. People, like you, were also turned off by how bad TLJ is. People are putting their money where their mouth is, for once. It's a double-edged sword, as they're sacrificing a good experience to spite Lucasfilm.

"Critical reaction" from other movies is also meaningless. Surprise! The critics loved TLJ and TROS carps on it. Were you expecting the critics to positively review a movie devoid of PC that gives middle fingers to their favorite modern Star Wars film? Come on, man.

Your retort is devoid of actual evidence. The movie is generally 'good' with an audience score that most people would say, "fair". So, people who have actually seen the movie agree with its score, but someone who has not seen the movie cries "tampering" Do you see where the logic takes place?

1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Your retort is devoid of actual evidence. The movie is generally 'good' with an audience score that most people would say, "fair". So, people who have actually seen the movie agree with its score, but someone who has not seen the movie cries "tampering" Do you see where the logic takes place?

emotion03.gif.43c129b12a98091f261dd61cff9b4bc9.gif

You mean ignoring those that posted in here how they saw the film and were disappointed, or had mixed feelings? Sounds logical. Your film twitter place is reserved. :baiting:

filmtwitter.PNG.bbc098e1eb8e3ed5536cf7748f54aec5.PNG