• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode IX December 20, 2019
6 6

2,429 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, RedRaven said:
18 hours ago, media_junkie said:

Maybe I have just gotten too old (I was 7 when Star Wars hit theaters back in the day), but after Episode 8 (and to an extent episode 7, but mainly episode 8) I realize this is not my Star Wars anymore so I'm jumping ship and I'll live with my memories of the first three (episode IV, V and IV).

You and I are in the same boat. Although I was bailing after Phantom Menace. First three (especially the first two) were such a large part of my childhood.

It's not just Star Wars... but Star Wars is so massive, it's the one mentioned most often.  When I first saw Star Wars, I was also into He-Man and Transformers.  Those franchises are still going, but I don't feel like they've been "mine" for decades.  It doesn't seem like I've lost anything, because that's life. lol

1 minute ago, valiantman said:

It's not just Star Wars... but Star Wars is so massive, it's the one mentioned most often.  When I first saw Star Wars, I was also into He-Man and Transformers.  Those franchises are still going, but I don't feel like they've been "mine" for decades.  It doesn't seem like I've lost anything, because that's life. lol

Good on you. Thanks for sharing.

9 hours ago, Cozmo-One said:

I'm still very much looking forward to it! Tickets purchased

I am too. I’m hoping this will be such an awesome conclusion...I’m just jaded how the last film was handled. We will soon see! 

I’ve heard there are massive issues with this film. Some reports are saying they tested 4-6 different endings and none of them worked. That the film has experienced a nearly 75% reshooting and as of the trailer release they were still doing some principal photography for it. 

That seems like a recipe for disaster, if even only a part of this info coming out is correct.

Edited by zhamlau

23 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

It does look like a jumbled mess.  Goes back to the notion that they never had a set outline of what this sequel trilogy was supposed to be.  You had all three OT characters willing to return for a trilogy along with Lando, and the droids and they deliver a non sensical story with no regards to what happened before.  

These new characters that Disney has featured in this trilogy won't even be involved in future movies so why embellish them at the sacrifice of what the majority of fans really wanted?  This new trilogy has been a total waste of time.

Best I can describe the new trilogy is a game I used to play in pre-school, piece of paper, I draw the head, fold the paper, you draw the body, fold the paper, I draw the legs and then we open up the paper to see what we've made. That's the new Star Wars Trilogy.

1 hour ago, Broke as a Joke said:

It does look like a jumbled mess.  Goes back to the notion that they never had a set outline of what this sequel trilogy was supposed to be.  You had all three OT characters willing to return for a trilogy along with Lando, and the droids and they deliver a non sensical story with no regards to what happened before.  

These new characters that Disney has featured in this trilogy won't even be involved in future movies so why embellish them at the sacrifice of what the majority of fans really wanted?  This new trilogy has been a total waste of time.

Your second paragraph says it well.  With TFA, you got the sense that they were trying to develop a new core cast to carry the Star Wars story forward.  But in reality they’re just along for the ride on this bumbling, and completely arbitrary, end of the Skywalker saga.  So yes, what was the point?  I mean, other than the $tack$.

10 hours ago, zhamlau said:

I’ve heard there are massive issues with this film. Some reports are saying they tested 4-6 different endings and none of them worked. That the film has experienced a nearly 75% reshooting and as of the trailer release they were still doing some principal photography for it. 

That seems like a recipe for disaster, if even only a part of this info coming out is correct.

Source?

14 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Let me know how it is.  I don't care about Rey and her story.  Miss Luke already. 

TLJ was so miserable I don't see how they can make this movie redeem any of TFA or TLJ!

There was nothing @ the end of TLJ that made me interested in seeing more of this story!

I concur - that “ prank call “ deal at the beginning of TLJ already had me sour and by the time we were reintroduced to Mark Hamill playing someone who apparently was Luke Skywalker , My teenage son and I ( both lifelong Star Wars fans ) turned it off. I eventually finished it many months later ( my son wasn’t interested ) and though IMO the latter half of the movie worked better than the first half , it’s easily my least favorite . I will admit that the trailers make Episode 9 look appealing ( return of emperor , possible kamino/ bespin locations , seeing a Jedi lift a star destroyer ) another part of me doesn’t want to get duped again as episode 8’s trailers looked great too ....perfume / pig ?

11 minutes ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

I concur - that “ prank call “ deal at the beginning of TLJ already had me sour and by the time we were reintroduced to Mark Hamill playing someone who apparently was Luke Skywalker , My teenage son and I ( both lifelong Star Wars fans ) turned it off. I eventually finished it many months later ( my son wasn’t interested ) and though IMO the latter half of the movie worked better than the first half , it’s easily my least favorite . I will admit that the trailers make Episode 9 look appealing ( return of emperor , possible kamino/ bespin locations , seeing a Jedi lift a star destroyer ) another part of me doesn’t want to get duped again as episode 8’s trailers looked great too ....perfume / pig ?

Don't waste your time. It's going to be awful. Nobody cares about Rey or kylo

13 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Don't waste your time. It's going to be awful. Nobody cares about Rey or kylo

Kylo & Hux are awful villians!

Another thing that is crazy is how they introducing more new characters in this movie when they haven't fleshed out the ones from TFA & TLJ!!

It's going to be terrible @ the worst, predictable @ best !