• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode IX December 20, 2019
6 6

2,429 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I think ya'll are crazy who think it isn't the worst Star Wars thing to ever hit a screen.

Yes, that includes those X-Mas ewok TV shows or whatever the Hel those were.

I actually just saw the SW Christmas special for the first time a few years back!

IDK what the :censored: I was watching! No wonder Lucas never released that! lol

I still haven't watched those Ewok shows....

10 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I bolded what my comment was in reference to, bro. :taptaptap:

I am ok with Rose, at least they tried to establish some kind of romance between Finn & her.

They should have not used the OT characters for these movies. Neither the OT group or the NT get enough character development.

5 minutes ago, comics4all said:

I am ok with Rose, at least they tried to establish some kind of romance between Finn & her.

They should have not used the OT characters for these movies. Neither the OT group or the NT get enough character development.

How...? He never had any interest in her. She :censored:ing tazed him...

Fanboys and girls across the globe wanted to know what happens next. The OT characters don't need development. They already developed across 3 films and TFA conveyed what happened in the last 30 years to put them where they are now (except for Luke, where he seemingly developed into a little :censored:, and we have no idea how or why).

This seems like Kylo Ren's trilogy and he does have character development. Finn had development in TFA and was subsequently literally useless in TLJ. When 50% of the NT sucks, I can't argue much against the lack of new character development. But wait! There's more! Purple Hair Lady develops from a dummy who says and does nothing - to a dummy who says nothing and crashes a ship into another ship!

15 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

How...? He never had any interest in her. She :censored:ing tazed him...

Fanboys and girls across the globe wanted to know what happens next. The OT characters don't need development. They already developed across 3 films and TFA conveyed what happened in the last 30 years to put them where they are now (except for Luke, where he seemingly developed into a little :censored:, and we have no idea how or why).

This seems like Kylo Ren's trilogy and he does have character development. Finn had development in TFA and was subsequently literally useless in TLJ. When 50% of the NT sucks, I can't argue much against the lack of new character development. But wait! There's more! Purple Hair Lady develops from a dummy who says and does nothing - to a dummy who says nothing and crashes a ship into another ship!

Please don't make me rewatch that terrible movie to tell you when they almost kissed at the end of the movie.

The OT character development actually regressed in these movies: Luke is a Noob coward, Han is still a smuggler, etc 

Kylo's Character development is like a 16 year old working @ Hot Topic! 

Don't get me going on  Purple lady!!!!

TLJ just stinks. That is all.

3 minutes ago, comics4all said:

Please don't make me rewatch that terrible movie to tell you when they almost kissed at the end of the movie.

The OT character development actually regressed in these movies: Luke is a Noob coward, Han is still a smuggler, etc 

A poorly-written kiss doesn't equate to "romance" my dude. Finn (rightfully) has literally 0 interest in that Hobgoblin.

"We both went back to what we were good at after we lost our son." Explains Han and Leia. They separated.

1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

A poorly-written kiss doesn't equate to "romance" my dude. Finn (rightfully) has literally 0 interest in that Hobgoblin.

"We both went back to what we were good at after we lost our son." Explains Han and Leia. They separated.

I don't take Han & Leia as people who give up so easily on their son.

It's such a shame.

To get the OT actors all back together again after all these years  to come up with such a krappy storyline....

What could have been.....

Just now, comics4all said:

I don't take Han & Leia as people who give up so easily on their son.

It's such a shame.

To get the OT actors all back together again after all these years  to come up with such a krappy storyline....

What could have been.....

I don't think they did, however, he's a freaking space wizard who murdered a bunch of children being taught by their brother.

In case you forgot, Leia charged Han with 'bringing their son back', and he tried. Ben murdered his own father. He considered murdering his own mother. By those actions, I think it's reasonable to suggest that they gave it their all before 'seeing the Vader in him'.

This isn't supposed to be a continuation of the OT character's story - they're supposed to usher in the new ones. Focusing on the OGs' stories doesn't make much sense. It's about Ben and Rey. Since Snoke was killed off, JJ had to dumpster dive for the Emperor. I take it he had a plan for a very powerful Sith character and RJ ruined that.

2 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

This seems like Kylo Ren's trilogy and he does have character development.

I'm going to need some help in seeing this. So far he's gone from being a whiny, angsty, pretty useless character to . . . less whiny? 

Instead of Kylo Ren, he should have renamed himself Mac Guffin. 

How has his character developed at all? How is he different now than he was at the beginning of the first movie?

So far, his only purpose has been to motivate the actions of other characters. Luke to go play Hermit; Rey to find Luke and get Jedi training; Han and Leia to come back together. 

He hasn't grown noticeably stronger in the force. He hasn't become a better fighter. He hasn't become a better leader. He hasn't learned to control his outbursts or channel his anger and hate into something useful.

Just now, Antpark said:

How has his character developed at all? How is he different now than he was at the beginning of the first movie?

So far, his only purpose has been to motivate the actions of other characters. Luke to go play Hermit; Rey to find Luke and get Jedi training; Han and Leia to come back together. 

He hasn't grown noticeably stronger in the force. He hasn't become a better fighter. He hasn't become a better leader. He hasn't learned to control his outbursts or channel his anger and hate into something useful.

I'll tell you how:

He got greased up & pull his pants up like a Grandpa & space stalked Rey! lol

21 minutes ago, Antpark said:

He didn't kill his 2nd parent when given the opportunity. Isn't that progress? Or maybe regression...
He stopped letting Snoke spank him.
He broke his helmet/mask.
He took his shirt off.
He looked like he smelled good (he looked like he smelled bad in TFA).

This whole thing about TLJ is laughable.

"I didn't like TLJ"
"I disagree with you sir! I liked TLJ"
"I disagree with you sir! I disliked TLJ"

What I'm looking forward to is not seeing a Star Wars movie. (:

14 minutes ago, bane said:

This whole thing about TLJ is laughable.

"I didn't like TLJ"
"I disagree with you sir! I liked TLJ"
"I disagree with you sir! I disliked TLJ"

What I'm looking forward to is not seeing a Star Wars movie. (:

I disagree with both sides :D

I was solidly luke warm (no pun intended) on TLJ. I didn't like it per se but I didn't hate it either. I'm not butt hurt and it didn't ruin Star Wars or my childhood. That being said, it will probably be some years before I watch it again, and I hope Rise of Skywalker is better. I'm actually glad this particular saga will be over and am looking forward to new, original films. I'm sure there will be some good and some bad, but there's a lot of potential in that universe. 

4 hours ago, comics4all said:

Rose is so much worse than Jar Jar.

46 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Rose is so much worse than Jar Jar.

I don't think anyone is, or can ever be, worse than Jar Jar.  Not Rose.  Not Hayden Vader.  Not Vice Admiral Lauren Dern.  Not those stupid bug eyed hamster looking things thrown into TLJ.  

Jar Jar is his own level of bad.