• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode IX December 20, 2019
6 6

2,429 posts in this topic

On 11/20/2019 at 12:07 AM, Rip said:

is this a leaked spoiler? dont want to ruin the movie for myself

45 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

also I am confused about emperor palpatine. I thought he was dead in return of the jedi? 

Clearly no one or nothing dies in Star Wars, ever.  Palpitation.  Darth Maul.  That melty Vader mask.  Luke's lightsaber.  Probably Luke's old hand.  Greedo. 

It's maddening.

52 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Clearly no one or nothing dies in Star Wars, ever.  Palpitation.  Darth Maul.  That melty Vader mask.  Luke's lightsaber.  Probably Luke's old hand.  Greedo. 

It's maddening.

Unlike comic books, where the heroes and villains stay dead! :nyah:

Although a one-off movie starring Luke's old hand might have promise hm

3 minutes ago, Cozmo-One said:

Unlike comic books, where the heroes and villains stay dead! :nyah:

Although a one-off movie starring Luke's old hand might have promise hm

For all we know, its going to singlehandedly (see what I did there) save the galaxy far, far away in Episode -IX-

Edited by mattn792

1 hour ago, media_junkie said:

You won't be the only, I have the exact same feelings about this movie as you.

It grieves me to say this too. For many years I had dreams of getting the trio back together for another trilogy that would rock the world since the effects have improved so much since 1983.
That and the fact that the best movie IMHO was ESB (the only film that Lucas didn't direct) so when Lucas sold the rights - I was like HELL YEAH, Lets Do This!

The prequels were sub par except for the last one and I was ready for SW to take the world by storm! It took the storm alright - creating one of the most disappointing sci-fi movies ever!
Sadly the Mandalorian TV series is better than any SW movie in the last decade.

Edited by Wally's Comics
I can't spell, go figure. :-)

3 hours ago, Wally's Comics said:

I may be the only one, but I really don't think I'm going to see this...

The last jedi was so bad and had so many plot holes and continuity crashes that I saw it once and was done.

Seriously I never do that. Even the prequels had some rewatchability factor to them:

Episode I : the pod race and maul saber fight
Episode II : The Jango Kenobi fight and the Dooku Fights
Episode III : The best of the Prequels a solid movie through and through

Episode VII : Wasn't bad but is semi tainted on how bad VIII was
Episode VIII : The worst movie in the SW franchise, just a complete mess from start to finish.

I guess I'm a crotchety Gen x'er that thought the original trilogy was more than enough.

:sorry:

Im gonna go at some point, ive put in too many decades of fan love and autograph collecting to not at least show my respects. Its going to be a little somber of an affair after seeing the TLJ and what we are learning about the film. I feel i owe it to them for at least one theater ticket paid, probably go early one morning when the kids are in school.

I've seen every SW movie since Empire on opening day so I'll probably do the same for this, but my heart isn't in it. Even the Prequels.didn't make me feel this way. Sure, they were clunky at times, but it was still Star Wars. We got to see how Palpatine was able to create the Empire, the Clone Wars, how Anakin's fear of.loss is what drove him to the Dark Side(which fits contextually with the end of ROTJ), and were treated to some great duels and battle scenes. So far we've received very little of this in the new Trilogy. The only character with a true arc is Keylo. Finn was my favorite new character in TFA, but he was completely wasted in TLJ. Rey stayed the same and didn't make too much of an impression. And watching Poe Dameron is as exciting as watching paint dry. 

So, the only real hope I have for this movie is the return of Palpatine. I know putting him in the movie is desperation from the producers, but Ian McDiarmid was one of the highlights of the Prequels and also ROTJ. Maybe his appearance will at least give the movie a touch of class and even some excitement.

Edited by Larryw7