• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode IX December 20, 2019
6 6

2,429 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, tv horror said:

It was The Force awakens that blew me away and The Last Jedi that drove the last nail in.! Even if this new one is the greatest one of all (which I doubt) it would still end on a dud with the way it handled the original characters. I am dearly HOPING that they leave the Emperor dead Please please please and for goodness sake kill both Rey and Kylo as they are both dead wood already especially their :roflmao:acting? 

And unless they are related in some way to Skywalker, which Kylo is but Ren it has yet to reveal, than this trilogy was better off not using the starwars name or legacy at all.

Resurrecting the Emeperor is a waste move, why has he remained "away" all this time? Only to come back in the finale

They might as well do a soprano and end the movie halfway through.

When people or writers have no creative ingenuity than they just write things that are confusing for not only the viewers but themselves as well. There is alot of compelling stuff about pragmatism, and employing common sense rather than trying to baffle people.

That being said...I am going to go to the movie with an open mind and anticipation.

Edited by Hollywood1892

2 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Resurrecting the Emeperor is a waste move, why has he remained "away" all this time? Only to come back in the finale

Because his cloning went wrong and he ended up with ginger hair because of a mixture of Irish DNA he is really...Wait for it...General Hux!!!! Ta ta ta.:roflmao:

P.S I can say this because I am Irish and don't have ginger hair.:devil: 

Overlord DVD one of the sources of those leaks tends to be a lot of pessimistic fiction with some possible legit leaks mixed in from better sources. (He's often gotten a ton of basic Star Wars stuff incorrect in the past.) However, I've suspected the Rey leak going around is true (I'm actually hoping for this) 

One thing I can say is not true is the 3 cuts test screen rumor and the massive re-filming rumors. There was less re-shooting on this movie than Force Awakens. I also know production is tight for this movie and they are working at a breakneck pace to finish it.

Edited by Rip

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

So, we're damning the movie - and its characters/stories - before it's even out in theaters?

Come on.

Fair point.

I'm still as excited as a man child about it, as I am any Star Wars film, and I remain hopeful of being dazzled. I like Rey, and some of the pictures I've seen, notwithstanding the rumoured story / context reservations, look damn exciting :wishluck:

2 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Fair point.

I'm still as excited as a man child about it, as I am any Star Wars film, and I remain hopeful of being dazzled. I like Rey, and some of the pictures I've seen, notwithstanding the rumoured story / context reservations, look damn exciting :wishluck:

The Last Jedi was whoop-diddy-scoop poop to the Nth degree and leaves me with low expectations, but, I'm not gonna criticize a movie for "lack of creativity/writing" etc before I've even seen the movie.

Reading some of the Endgame "leaks" - some of which were correct - made it seem like it was going to be a disappointing finale. Guess what? Those leaks that were correct played out much differently than the text I read in spoilers. Same premise; different outcome.

There's almost no possible way that ROS is worse than TLJ. Will that be enough? We'll find out in a month.

3 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

The Last Jedi was whoop-diddy-scoop poop to the Nth degree and leaves me with low expectations, but, I'm not gonna criticize a movie for "lack of creativity/writing" etc before I've even seen the movie.

Reading some of the Endgame "leaks" - some of which were correct - made it seem like it was going to be a disappointing finale. Guess what? Those leaks that were correct played out much differently than the text I read in spoilers. Same premise; different outcome.

There's almost no possible way that ROS is worse than TLJ. Will that be enough? We'll find out in a month.

Indeed, time will tell, as it always does.

I know you are not a fan of TLJ (understatement alert!), but I've watched it 3 times now and the parts I like I really like and the parts I don't I really don't. Ditto Rogue One. 

I'd like to see a modern take that I like all over, not just in parts. Then I can watch it 86 times, like I did the first three. 

2 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I know you are not a fan of TLJ (understatement alert!), but I've watched it 3 times now and the parts I like I really like and the parts I don't I really don't. Ditto Rogue One. 

I'd like to see a modern take that I like all over, not just in parts. Then I can watch it 86 times, like I did the first three. 

lol + :sick:

4 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:
7 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

lol + :sick:

Alright, I skipped all the bits with these two in.

star-wars-last-jedi-rose-finn.jpg.df98627d6e942f8277527bdc09deec22.jpg

2 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

I feel like watching TLJ again would be like looking into the Ark of the Covenant.

This begs the question:

Which is worse; The Last Jedi or Punisher: War Zone?

I was forced to complete TLJ twice in theaters. I was able to stop PWZ around the 10-minute mark in the leisure of my own home...

1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

This begs the question:

Which is worse more awesome:  Rambo IV or Punisher: War Zone?

I was forced to complete TLJ twice in theaters. I was able to stop PWZ around the 10-minute mark in the leisure of my own home...

Your question was broken, so I fixed it.