• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Canteen Kate 3

8 posts in this topic

Alf, whatever that dark matter is, it doesn't appear to have completely soaked through the cover, leading me to believe that those spots may be 3-dimensional and rest on or embedded into the cover stock. If these are actual flecks of matter, just adhered to or slightly embedded into the cover, have you tried to dislodge one of them with the edge of a sharp implement. Not digging into the paper underneath, but the point into the side of one of those flecks to try to dislodge it without marring the cover?

You may be able to rid the cover of most of that by giving it a try on just one small fleck, you certainly won't hurt the paper in that way as there's no color to flake off.

Thanks James, if it was a keeper or super common I might mess with it but I think a Baker collector will want it so I don't want to be the guy who makes it worse. It feels just like sand paper grit.

Overstreet lists it as "rare" but how rare can it be if I own a copy????  lol

1 hour ago, Alf Pogs said:

Thanks James, if it was a keeper or super common I might mess with it but I think a Baker collector will want it so I don't want to be the guy who makes it worse. It feels just like sand paper grit.

Overstreet lists it as "rare" but how rare can it be if I own a copy????  lol

If that does feel like sandpaper grit, chances favor that most of it can be flicked off without making the appearance of the areas worse, and certainly high chance of improving it. If you do decide to give it a try, let us know how it went.