• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

havin' fun with sarge and the howlers
1 1

147 posts in this topic

as a kid during the marvel age of comics, spidey [by far] and the ff were my fave titles.  but, being the son of a wwII navy vet with a fairly distinguished career in both theaters, i dug all things war, and, in the case of marvel comics, i loved sgt. fury third-best behind the two big ones.  in fact, when i disposed of almost all my silver books to fold the dough into my then-newfound g.a. interest [timelys] back in the mid-90's, i kept only the spideys and sarges, and actually liquidated fave #2, the ff's.

well, once i decided several years ago to start upgrading the spideys thru ditko, and reassembling the s.a. ff's [high-grade where i could afford it], it was only natural that i'd start looking into getting pretty slabbed copies of sarges when i saw them.  tho' my sarge raw [mostly] run goes thru 120 [before they're exclusively reprints], i decided to grab any high-grade slabbed silver sarges that seemed economical, 73 being the 12/69 issue which i consider the caboose.  being a pedigree-hound, i've tried hard to concentrate on ped copies.

anyhoo, here is the current state of the upgrade quest...

sgtfury1.jpg

Edited by Straw-Man