• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you listen for in a comic shop?
3 3

57 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

Now,that depends on what era...early Napalm?Pre or post Barnes Corpse?Can we listen to Pungent Stench,Extreme Noise Terror?

(metal nerd chatter..)

Napalm Death and Extreme Noise Terror were interesting bands to watch live.

An unexpected bonus one evening at the University of London's Student Union bar, late 80s.

Very entertaining and memorable, Jimmers.

Easily the two most relentlessly aggressive I've ever seen.

Edited by Ken Aldred

1 hour ago, Ken Aldred said:

Napalm Death and Extreme Noise Terror were interesting bands to watch live.

An unexpected bonus one evening at the University of London's Student Union bar, late 80s.

Very entertaining and memorable, Jimmers.

Easily the two most relentlessly aggressive I've ever seen.

Wish I was there!

Saw Napalm Death about fifteen years ago.Memorable moment?I drunkenly harangued the band until they played that one second 'hit' Suffer.It was grand.

Always preffered the UK 'death metal' bands,even though a lot of brutal stuff did come out of Florida.

This is a tough one as everyone has different taste in music and some people don't wan't to listen to music when they are shopping. If you do wind up playing music, I would make sure its something that is tasteful and well liked. U2 Joshua Tree or Bob Marley's greatest hits are perfect examples. Personally, it really doesn't matter much to me as long as its not music I hate. I can't stand rap music or really heavy rave/electric synth type music. If I walked into a comic shop that was playing that kind of music, I would literally turn around and walk right back out. 

2 minutes ago, OrangeCrush said:

This is a tough one as everyone has different taste in music and some people don't wan't to listen to music when they are shopping. If you do wind up playing music, I would make sure its something that is tasteful and well liked. U2 Joshua Tree or Bob Marley's greatest hits are perfect examples. Personally, it really doesn't matter much to me as long as its not music I hate. I can't stand rap music or really heavy rave/electric synth type music. If I walked into a comic shop that was playing that kind of music, I would literally turn around and walk right back out. 

How about a bit of Barry?

Barry-Manilow-ppcorn-2016.thumb.jpg.faa96c543e48f99603cc244fc44ff035.jpg

1 minute ago, OrangeCrush said:

Oh god no, lol. 

He can't smile without you. Can't laugh, can't sing. In fact, he's finding it hard to do anything

30 minutes ago, OrangeCrush said:

If I walk into any place that is playing U2, I start to bleed from the ears, and have also been known to spontaneously combust (only partially, though.)

12 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

He can't smile without you. Can't laugh, can't sing. In fact, he's finding it hard to do anything

I can live with that. We had a next door neighbor when I was growing up that used to love Barry Manilow and Neil Diamond. That utterly drove me crazy. I prey I never have to hear Looks Like We Made it, Love on the Rocks or Sweet Caroline ever again. 

34 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

If I walk into any place that is playing U2, I start to bleed from the ears, and have also been known to spontaneously combust (only partially, though.)

Sorry you feel that way. IMO Early U2 is one of the only good things to come out of the 80's but then again that goes straight back to my initial point, everyone has different taste in music. I never get tired of albums like Joshua Tree, Wide Awake in America and Rattle & Hum. Actually think I'm gonna put on Wide Awake in America right now. Been awhile since I have listened to it. Bad & Three Sunrises are just killer songs. 

Edited by OrangeCrush

36 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Tell me about it. I've been to every comic shop in England and I still haven't found what I'm looking for. 

15 minutes ago, OrangeCrush said:

I can live with that. We had a next door neighbor when I was growing up that used to love Barry Manilow and Neil Diamond. That utterly drove me crazy. I prey I never have to hear Looks Like We Made it, Love on the Rocks or Sweet Caroline ever again. 

I don't  believe it, you're making it up. 

7 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

I don't  believe it, you're making it up. 

I only wish that were the case. 

Bad, one of the best songs to come out of the 80's. And it HAS to be the live version from Wide Awake in America.

Edited by OrangeCrush