• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please grade my Ghost Comics #7 (Canadian)!

7 posts in this topic

Normally i'd add up the defects''''rounded corners...cover pulled at staples....looks like tear on back....creased corner on back bottom right.....tics....bottom front left edge has some color break...bottom front right corner has some creases and just give it a 4.0 and move on but the colors are amazing ...front and back ...so i'm gonna say 5.0

7 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

Wow looks real glossy !!  looks like a 4.5  (thumbsu

+1. It's a textbook 4.0 but it should slab 4.5. It has the "right" defects to be more attractive than the technical grade and that will bring over GP 4.5 due to lots of eye appeal, both subject matter and the colors

8 minutes ago, Jeff Spain said:

I think a 5.0 assuming the centerfold pages are still hanging in there. Love the bright colors on this.

Jeff, aside from the major-league staple pull, my main area of concern is that back cover left edge. It looks very fragile, almost as though it's crumbling. What might only appear to be creases on that edge in the scan may actually be fractures, the paper very susceptible to dislodge, even with very careful handling. I have books with that exact look and on rare occasion, when handled, pieces break off on the table or in the Mylar/board, just sliding them in and out.