• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Availabiltiy of Silver Age DC art ?
2 2

10 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Catwoman_Fan said:

Marvel's warehouse has been well documented, was DC also storing their art through the silver age? hm

If so, how much DC silver age art is in the market/with collectors? I have seen very little Batman art from that age, Not just the twice up pages, but also late 60's art.

A lot more out there than you think.
I've been dealing for over 40 years and have seen quite a bit of Silver Age age, not only that I've sold, but other dealers back in the 70s, that has never resurfaced.

2 hours ago, artdealer said:

A lot more out there than you think.
I've been dealing for over 40 years and have seen quite a bit of Silver Age age, not only that I've sold, but other dealers back in the 70s, that has never resurfaced.

Good to know. I’ll keep my eyes peeled

Do you think they were like Marvel, where every single cover /page was saved & inventoried, or was DC discarding chunks of original art after publication, not bothering to preserve everything? 

29 minutes ago, Catwoman_Fan said:

Do you think they were like Marvel, where every single cover /page was saved & inventoried, or was DC discarding chunks of original art after publication, not bothering to preserve everything? 

Marv Wolfman mentioned at a panel once that he and another staffer were tasked with cutting up piles of Golden Age DC art and discarding. They cut very carefully between the panels. lol

56 minutes ago, BCarter27 said:

Marv Wolfman mentioned at a panel once that he and another staffer were tasked with cutting up piles of Golden Age DC art and discarding. They cut very carefully between the panels. lol

:whatthe:

Hope he thought to take some home with him! 

On 1/27/2018 at 12:09 PM, BCarter27 said:

Looks like it might see print-

https://www.newsarama.com/38291-the-lost-superman-story-by-siegel-shuster-studio-that-s-being-reprinted-for-action-comics-1000.html

And his story is a little different than what he told at the panel. Unless he was talking about different pages in each instance.

That’s so cool, especially that he traded the other tour guests for the entire story. 

7 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

there is a lot of stuff in the next HA auction

If you mean the big Feb. auction, oh definitely. I'm curious whether there is so much hi-grade Adams stuff for sale it will depress prices. Yes, he is a top name, but he really has generated a lot of output.