• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I can't stand dealers who keep sold art listed !
1 1

64 posts in this topic

On 3/4/2018 at 9:41 AM, Rick2you2 said:

That is a 56% return on investment. You will excuse me, but yes, that would annoy me as a flip. It would not annoy me as a 2 year hold. 

I get that. I'm not going to lie. Greedy flippers can get under my skin. I just don't want to be afraid to sell something because some one else will make more. I have a friend who get's really upset if a page he sells get's a quick flip. He takes it personally and it really takes joy away from him.

6 hours ago, grapeape said:

I get that. I'm not going to lie. Greedy flippers can get under my skin. I just don't want to be afraid to sell something because some one else will make more.

You are looking at it from a different angle, but from that angle it depends on the circumstances. If someone sold me something "as a friend", he has a right to be mightily pissed off if it were flipped. If not for the friendship, he may have kept it. But if it is a semi-commercial deal, with 2 people regularly buying and selling to each other, then not at all. 

On 3/9/2018 at 4:05 AM, Rick2you2 said:

You are looking at it from a different angle, but from that angle it depends on the circumstances. If someone sold me something "as a friend", he has a right to be mightily pissed off if it were flipped. If not for the friendship, he may have kept it. But if it is a semi-commercial deal, with 2 people regularly buying and selling to each other, then not at all. 

Good point.

On my small site I try to take the art off once it's sold because it's not mine to display anymore but the new owner's. And I think you can clutter up your side a lot if you have a bunch of pieces that are up there and sold. I don't think anyone is excited about finding a piece they want that's already sold.