• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else snapping up copies of Marvel Superheroes #13?
3 3

64 posts in this topic

Being the first appearance of Carol Danvers, aka Ms. Marvel, and the fact that she's going to have her own movie next year AND be in the Avengers movie, I can't see how this comic can't do anything except rocket upward in value. I already have a copy and I'm thinking of picking up another one. If i was just after a profit, I'd stop buying everything and just buy up MSH #13 - but I want too many other things, too. :>)

MSH-13.jpg

1 hour ago, Getoutandstayout said:

Being the first appearance of Carol Danvers, aka Ms. Marvel, and the fact that she's going to have her own movie next year AND be in the Avengers movie, I can't see how this comic can't do anything except rocket upward in value. I already have a copy and I'm thinking of picking up another one. If i was just after a profit, I'd stop buying everything and just buy up MSH #13 - but I want too many other things, too. :>)

MSH-13.jpg

What’s the letter from Dave Cockrum say?

On 1/19/2018 at 12:09 PM, Getoutandstayout said:

MSH-13.jpg

It's a good pick up IMO, however it's already seen a significant surge in value. It's kinda late in the game...

Mid to low grade, this is pretty common.  Part of the whole "New Universe" break out of 1968.

Just a few years ago you could get a Fine for $10.  Granted an NM- Ms Marvel 1 was also $10

On 23/01/2018 at 5:31 AM, Key Largo Comics said:

Now is the time to be selling Captain Marvel books, not buying IMO.

Bingo. 

What is also interesting is that when the CM movie was announced there was an eventual sale of a 9.4, but the 9.6 and 9.8 didn't appear - and per GPA at least still haven't.

Personally I put more stock in the issue for being the 2nd appearance of Mar-Vell, with the preceding issue (#12) still being more valuable. 

I believe #12 and #18 (first original Guardians) will always be the best picks in Marvel Super-Heroes.

7 hours ago, Getoutandstayout said:

Why do you say that?  The movie hasn't even come out yet to further drive up its popularity.

Comics are like the stock market. The news is out. The big move has already occurred. The time to be buying these books was 3 or 4 years ago.

Could you eke out a few more dollars above current levels as the movie approaches? Possibly, but the smart money is now a seller.