• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else snapping up copies of Marvel Superheroes #13?
3 3

64 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Key Largo Comics said:

Comics are like the stock market. The news is out. The big move has already occurred. The time to be buying these books was 3 or 4 years ago.

Could you eke out a few more dollars above current levels as the movie approaches? Possibly, but the smart money is now a seller.

Most people aren't comic people like us - they have no idea who Ms. Marvel is. But once the movie previews and movie itself comes out, that's when her popularity is going to really gain traction. IMHO, it would be a foolish time to sell this issue.

2 hours ago, Getoutandstayout said:

Most people aren't comic people like us - they have no idea who Ms. Marvel is. But once the movie previews and movie itself comes out, that's when her popularity is going to really gain traction. IMHO, it would be a foolish time to sell this issue.

I get the logic but you also have agree a vast percentage of people will not want to run out and buy her first appearance especially since it doesn’t have her on the cover.  Comic people will want the key book but most of those people have pushed it up already with their demand.  Ms Marvel 1 has also shot up in price but from a lay person deman I see this book being the one people are drawn to because she is on the cover and it’s a number 1.

3 hours ago, Getoutandstayout said:

True, but that means the largest gains are already built-in. Could you still make a bit? Yeah, maybe. But there's vastly more risk at this point.

On January 29, 2018 at 4:01 PM, Getoutandstayout said:

What you might not be considering is that speculators have stockpiled mid- and higher-grade copies of this book when news of the movie came out 3 years ago.  They helped to set the price at current levels, and they now hold a lot of the supply which Is what we see for sale.  On eBay alone over 50 copies are for sale.  This is not a tough book. If you're looking to invest in the tougher 9.4 to 9.8 copies, then, sure, maybe there is room for growth in those books.

18 hours ago, fishbone said:

I loved ROM Spaceknight in the late seventies when I was 11/12 years old and I collected and still have issues #1-40

Please please please Marvel --  make a ROM movie !!!!!!!!!!! Please!

:wishluck:

I don't believe that Marvel Studios/Disney owns the rights to Rom anymore. :frown:

On 1/29/2018 at 3:01 PM, Getoutandstayout said:

Banking on the notion that a non-comic person is going to see the Ms Marvel film and proceed to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on a graded copy of her first appearance is absurd. Yes demand is likely to increase, but you haven't accounted for an increase in the supply as many other owners of this book are also going to attempt to time the market and sell it for peak value. Meanwhile you are suggesting that one sits on this book for over a year, ignoring a very large period of time over which this book can be sold for a profit which in turn can be reinvested over and over and over and over again into other books. 

On 2/1/2018 at 11:55 AM, fishbone said:

I loved ROM Spaceknight in the late seventies when I was 11/12 years old and I collected and still have issues #1-40

Please please please Marvel --  make a ROM movie !!!!!!!!!!! Please!

:wishluck:

At some point I plan on getting reading copies of the ROM run and checking it out. Hear kinda good things. Seems fun. 

Just gonna have to pony up 20$+ for #1 it looks like. 

7 hours ago, NoMan said:

At some point I plan on getting reading copies of the ROM run and checking it out. Hear kinda good things. Seems fun. 

Just gonna have to pony up 20$+ for #1 it looks like. 

It's actually a great read, at least my young self thought so

59 minutes ago, fishbone said:

I believe it's Mantio

yeah, he's still alive I believe but messed up from a car accident many years ago ... ?

Yeah I had bad spelling  thanks for correction  he was hit by a car while roller blading and person drove off. Hit and run  

serious brain damage  

Edited by NoMan

This comic is now white hot and getting hotter every day. If you had picked one up when this thread was started you would have at minimum doubled your money.  As this book is exceedingly rare in high grade (based on census data and notorious square binding) i believe this will be going even higher.  A new movie in 2019 and a starring role in Avengers 4 could just be rocket fuel on the fire. 

6 hours ago, Bronx said:

This comic is now white hot and getting hotter every day. If you had picked one up when this thread was started you would have at minimum doubled your money.  As this book is exceedingly rare in high grade (based on census data and notorious square binding) i believe this will be going even higher.  A new movie in 2019 and a starring role in Avengers 4 could just be rocket fuel on the fire. 

Are you insinuating the price increase thus far is purely from rarity and movie spec hasn’t kicked in yet? If yes, I would argue these two factors are already “rocket fuel on the fire”...and are the sole reasons for it doubling.

15 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

Are you insinuating the price increase thus far is purely from rarity and movie spec hasn’t kicked in yet? If yes, I would argue these two factors are already “rocket fuel on the fire”...and are the sole reasons for it doubling.

If you read the entire thread you will notice a lot of people saying the prices had already peaked and would not go up again.  They did indeed go up again and significantly.  The rarity of the comics is becoming evident to collectors now that Captain Marvel will be the star of Avengers 4 so my assumption is the price of this hard to find (in high grade) book will continue to rise and because of the expected buildup to Avengers 4 this book will also be surrounded by massive hype that will come from the teasers and trailers from two mega movies and the Marvel PR machine.  If you own it, you are very happy. If you don't get one. 

13 hours ago, Bronx said:

If you read the entire thread you will notice a lot of people saying the prices had already peaked and would not go up again.  They did indeed go up again and significantly.  The rarity of the comics is becoming evident to collectors now that Captain Marvel will be the star of Avengers 4 so my assumption is the price of this hard to find (in high grade) book will continue to rise and because of the expected buildup to Avengers 4 this book will also be surrounded by massive hype that will come from the teasers and trailers from two mega movies and the Marvel PR machine.  If you own it, you are very happy. If you don't get one. 

Got it...cashing in the 401K as we speak...