• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Incredible Hulk #181 - is it *that* red-hot?
17 17

1,931 posts in this topic

On 5/23/2019 at 3:49 PM, divad said:

And . . . it's only OW/W and a poorly cut/aligned FC.(shrug)

Eh...it looks better than others I've seen. The marvel banner is not too high and aligned unlike others where it's all out of whack. The white sections appear to be bright. 

I think they paid around 15,090 counting the 95 dollar shipping. 

2 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

Holy smokes, tonnnnnns of copies for sale according to GPA. They're coming out of the woodwork. Looks like everyone is cashing in, and I don't blame them...

Guess no harm in making a little extra cash.

Hopefully it’s not because folks think the industries going to crash. 

Edited by rogue14
Verbiage

On 5/22/2019 at 10:24 PM, Jaydogrules said:

What do 9.8s go for now?  Last time I followed this book 9.8s had plummeted from 20k to about 12k.:preach:

39 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

What do 9.8s go for now?  Last time I followed this book 9.8s had plummeted from 20k to about 12k.:preach:

2040723570_Hulk1819_8prices.thumb.gif.612301fe7c0d64653633ad54dd6434bb.gif

On 5/26/2019 at 12:50 PM, scooter99 said:

Roy,  I noticed you offered a gorgeous 9.8 not too long ago.  Did you end up selling it?

I did.

Incredible Hulk 181 CGC 9_8 White 2028443001 A.jpg

Edited by VintageComics

On 5/22/2019 at 10:24 PM, Jaydogrules said:

BTW this was relisted several days ago after being relisted earlier this month

I think the first "sale" was for ~14,200 before being relisted the first time. Both were BIN listings. The thing is this type of weirdness is hardly uncommon. If they're doing it deliberately then what's the point??? If someone is checking sold listings on eBay they'd see that this copy was "sold" twice in a short period of time and would look a bit suspect.

This grade has had false starts after false starts! The only consistency with 9.6s is chaos. 

On 6/22/2019 at 12:36 PM, Pestilence said:

Are coverless worth anything? The stamp is gone but everything else is there page wise. Found this at a garage sale awhile back but didn't know how popular it was(still very new to comics)

20190622_122509.jpg

I asked a similar question in the general section about books that would be graded “NG”, if there was a site that kept track of these sales. No responses yet. Seem to be lower in cost since there incomplete, but still sought after. 

A copy is a copy in my opinion. 

Edited by rogue14
Edit