• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Incredible Hulk #181 - is it *that* red-hot?
17 17

1,931 posts in this topic

On 5/4/2019 at 3:15 PM, Chaos_in_Canada said:

Very nice! :golfclap:

Except for being pressed, the (blue) distributor spray, and the yellowing front/back cover. :baiting:

Untitled181+80.jpg

I’d be pretty upset if I received this 9.6. It’s yellowing big time And the blue overspray and yellowing back really bug me. I’ve seen 8.5 books that look better.  

On 9/11/2019 at 4:06 PM, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:
On 9/11/2019 at 10:38 AM, aardvark88 said:

Flashback to Doug Sulipa's 1979 'Comic World' mail order catalog:

Hulk #181 nm $3

What If #1  hot $ 7 :baiting:

X-men #94 nm $15.

I need to get in touch with Doc and Marty and get me back to the future

Amazing, $3 for a Hulk 181 back in 79

WTF..........now I know I definitely got hosed when I had to forked over $5 big ones for my wall copy back then.  :mad:  :censored:

7 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Well, I guess the lack of the CVA Exceptional sticker must have really hurt this copy here as it sold for about $27,500 less than the one with the sticker that managed to fetched $59K on CL back in January of this year.  :screwy:

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Well, I guess the lack of the CVA Exceptional sticker must have really hurt this copy here as it sold for about $27,500 less than the one with the sticker that managed to fetched $59K on CL back in January of this year.  :screwy:

Yeah, but the $59k also had white pages...

52 minutes ago, carefulsum said:
2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Yeah, but the $59k also had white pages...

Yeah, and as we all know what Jay would say.............if only it didn't have the dreaded white pages, it would have hit $70K without any problems at all.  lol

4 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Never run auctions in Nov/Dec, Sellers will always walk away disappointed, Record sales usually happen in the winter months. I remember last year people were complaining about their results from the CL featured auction last Nov.  Better off holding out until after the 1st of the year.  

18 hours ago, Kevin76 said:

Never run auctions in Nov/Dec, Sellers will always walk away disappointed, Record sales usually happen in the winter months. I remember last year people were complaining about their results from the CL featured auction last Nov.  Better off holding out until after the 1st of the year.  

You win!!! I think early fall is ideal for auctions but theres always someone willing to drive off a cliff! Oh well...good news for the bidders I guess 

On 11/22/2019 at 1:48 AM, Kevin76 said:

I agree for the most part, unless you are selling specific high demand books. Example: Mask #1 CGC 5.5

I just took a quick look at the some 7.5's on ebay. There's currently multiple copies under 3k. Looks like things are slowing down a little for this grade (not sure about the other ones). 

Can't wait to see how it will spike back up once Disney announces some Wolverine news, especially a Hulk vs Wolverine film.

On 11/22/2019 at 1:48 AM, Kevin76 said:

Interesting. What's the reasoning for that?

Edited by Darkowl

5 hours ago, mattn792 said:
5 hours ago, Darkowl said:

Interesting. What's the reasoning for that?

Guess it depends on what your selling.  I had a GA Detective issue in the just concluded CLink auction, and it sold for more there than what I was asking for it on the boards.  

There's obviously people on Clink that don't frequent the sales thread here. Or maybe feel safer on Clink?

Maybe books that are tougher to find stand a better chance at a higher sale late in the year when people have Christmas shopping on their minds. 

According to GPA 181s in 9.2 and up are fairly solid. Though I haven't kept up with 9.0? 

I don't think MCU will say anything about x-men for quite some time. Maybe years? I'd imagine casting them would be a huge challenge especially Wolverine!

14 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

There's obviously people on Clink that don't frequent the sales thread here. Or maybe feel safer on Clink?

Maybe books that are tougher to find stand a better chance at a higher sale late in the year when people have Christmas shopping on their minds. 

According to GPA 181s in 9.2 and up are fairly solid. Though I haven't kept up with 9.0? 

I don't think MCU will say anything about x-men for quite some time. Maybe years? I'd imagine casting them would be a huge challenge especially Wolverine!

181 prices have clearly cratered if eBay is to be believed...

181.png

15 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

181 prices have clearly cratered if eBay is to be believed...

181.png

I doubt that sale went through lol

That's clearly a typo hahaha, I think someone might have been fired that day :eek: EEK!

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I doubt that sale went through lol

That's clearly a typo hahaha, I think someone might have been fired that day :eek: EEK!

Those pesky misplaced decimal points 🤯 🤬

Could be worth taking a look around their store for some more misplaced decimal points (shrug) :cool:

Edited by MGsimba77

9 hours ago, mattn792 said:

Guess it depends on what your selling.  I had a GA Detective issue in the just concluded CLink auction, and it sold for more there than what I was asking for it on the boards.  

Well, now that i think about it, the big budget comic book movies usually come out in the summer, which means spring is hype season, which means record sales.

Just a thought.