• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Incredible Hulk #181 - is it *that* red-hot?
17 17

1,931 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Prove it.

-J.

Been there, done that.  Unless since then you've identified a group of collectors willing to pay more for books with cream to off white page quality that otherwise have the same grade and overall eye appeal as their white paged alternatives.  Because there's unquestionably a group willing to pay more for the latter than the former.

31 minutes ago, namisgr said:

Been there, done that.  Unless since then you've identified a group of collectors willing to pay more for books with cream to off white page quality that otherwise have the same grade and overall eye appeal as their white paged alternatives.  Because there's unquestionably a group willing to pay more for the latter than the former.

Oh spare me, despite your obvious attempt to conflate issues (as you so often do), you've never once proven anything.  And the reason why you never have is becaus A) it is impossible to either quantify or prove, and B) It is in fact demonstrably false and easily disproven, as I have time and again with countless links that handily dispute your patently false and absurd premise.  

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

1 hour ago, Jaydogrules said:

Prove it.

-J.

If you could choose between 2 books, identical in every way and for sale for the same price except one said "White Pages" on the label and the other other said "Off-White to White Pages" on the label, which would you choose?

24 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Oh spare me, despite your obvious attempt to conflate issues (as you so often do), you've never once proven anything.  And the reason why you never have is becaus A) it is impossible to either quantify or prove, and B) It is in fact demonstrably false and easily disproven, as I have time and again with countless links that handily dispute your patently false and absurd premise.  

-J.

I spit on CR/OW page books. They are worthless to me. They should all be sent to PGX. Better yet, first send them to the guy that presses with his iron. The ONLY reason anybody buys a CR/OW is because they sell for so much cheaper. These are the buyers that probably buy cheap hamburger meat rather than a steak. They can usually be found, unsold, in 50 cent boxes.  I think I saw a pile of CR/OW slabs the other day at the Goodwill with a discounted sign. How can anyone even call them a collectable ?

36 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

-J.

So you've found a group of collectors who'd pay more, all other things being equal, for comics with cream to off white page quality.  Cool.  Otherwise, the simple law of averages would provide proof that because some collectors are willing to pay more for comics with better page quality, all other factors being equal, the average price paid by everyone overall will be higher for those books.

5 minutes ago, drbanner said:

If you could choose between 2 books, identical in every way and for sale for the same price except one said "White Pages" on the label and the other other said "Off-White to White Pages" on the label, which would you choose?

Since he apparently can't tell the difference with the hundreds upon hundreds of comics he's submitted to CGC, I bet it doesn't matter to him.

For most every other submitter, it's easier to predict the page quality grade than the numerical grade for anything that isn't pre-screened or a modern comic.

Edited by namisgr

Just now, Jaydogrules said:

I often wonder if any of you making these unsupported and outlandish comments ever once stop to consider how many collectors and readers you are quietly offending.  

-J.

As a White Page junkie, your comments are offensive to me !

1 minute ago, Jaydogrules said:

I often wonder if any of you making these unsupported and outlandish comments ever once stop to consider how many collectors and readers you are quietly offending.  

-J.

Stumped again by the law of averages.

26 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I spit on CR/OW page books. They are worthless to me. They should all be sent to PGX. Better yet, first send them to the guy that presses with his iron. The ONLY reason anybody buys a CR/OW is because they sell for so much cheaper. These are the buyers that probably buy cheap hamburger meat rather than a steak. They can usually be found, unsold, in 50 cent boxes.  I think I saw a pile of CR/OW slabs the other day at the Goodwill with a discounted sign. How can anyone even call them a collectable ?

Found him!  

Edited by Kevin76

3 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

-J.

A tad contentious (and completely unfounded.) I believe this type of discourse is strike-worthy.

16 minutes ago, Turb0wned said:

I still wonder what my 7.0 white pages in a old case (wasn’t pressed Nether) would fetch.

Put it up on eBay with a high BIN  ($5K or $6K) and see what offers come in. 

I still wonder what my 7.0 white pages in a old case (wasn’t pressed Nether) would fetch.

8 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

Currently in the 3k to 3.6k range. Don't think the old case makes a difference

Yes but none of those were white pages. 

2 hours ago, Turb0wned said:

10 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

Currently in the 3k to 3.6k range. Don't think the old case makes a difference

Yes but none of those were white pages. 

Well, it's obvious you haven't been paying attention then. (tsk) 

From reading some of the previous posts, if it's White Pages, then for sure you would have to lower your asking price.  :makepoint:   lol

Edited by lou_fine

18 hours ago, Turb0wned said:

That depends on the eye appeal, and the venue you use to sell it.