• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Incredible Hulk #181 - is it *that* red-hot?
17 17

1,931 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Naphtha said:

Last one I saw was on the FF4. Someone listed a 7.0 and tried to get a sale at $7500 on GPA only to relist it at a higher price two days later. The worst part was every dealer who had one in that grade immediately (within a day) upped their prices by $1000. Now the only way to get that respective grade from what is currently listed is to pay the fake price.

Seeing as I own a 7.0, I hope they get the higher price. lol 

When books are heating up most sellers will want to make sure they do not miss out on any of the run up hence the high prices. It did not take much foresight to figure that FF #4 would take off once the Fox/Disney deal was announced. I know someone who bought a CGC 9.4 of FF #4 for $25K as soon as the deal was approved to go through. That was the time to grab any FF or X-Men keys at low/more reasonable prices. 

Edited by kimik

3 minutes ago, kimik said:

Seeing as I own a 7.0, I hope they get the higher price. lol 

When books are heating up most sellers will want to make sure they do not miss out on any of the run up hence the high prices. It did not take much foresight to figure that FF #4 would take off once the Fox/Disney deal was announced. I know someone who bought a CGC 9.4 of FF #4 for $25K as soon as the deal was approved to go through. That was the time to grab any FF or X-Men keys at low/more reasonable prices. 

Yeah, I was lucky enough to grab all my FF keys the summer before that announcement. I actually traded most of my bronze age collection for an FF1 in october 2016. I don't think the seller was happy two months later.

On 9/1/2019 at 10:26 AM, Darkowl said:

Just did a Sold Listings search on ebay for a 7.5 grade. The numbers are not impressive. I'm just not seeing any real growth right now.

How do you do that? I'd like to see what people are actually paying vs. what outrageous prices people are asking.

7 minutes ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

get me back to the future

Amazing, $3 for a Hulk 181 back in 79

Compared to Amaz Spider-man #129 nm $2, #121 Gwen Stacy nm $15. I imagine Howard the Duck #1 was about $10 back in 1979. Howard Duck #1 did not hold it's value even with the movie executive produced by George Lucas.

14 minutes ago, GAMBIT said:
54 minutes ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

I need to get in touch with Doc and Marty and get me back to the future

Amazing, $3 for a Hulk 181 back in 79

Book was only 25 cents about 5 years prior lol

So was X94 just 4 years prior but it was 15 according to that catalog. I guess it goes to show that Wolverine didn't quite take off before the Frank Miller '82 series 

4 hours ago, Getoutandstayout said:

How do you do that? I'd like to see what people are actually paying vs. what outrageous prices people are asking.

There is a button to click to chose sold, it's on the bar at the left of the page for listings... it may be hidden on a tablet, but there is a menu button top left...

Make sure after clicking the sold button, that the completed button gets clicked as well...

On 9/13/2019 at 5:22 AM, csaag said:

In addition to ebay, you can go to watchcount.Com and use their sold items link to track ebay sales.  They have a 'sold items'  checkbook then to differentiate  between sales vs listing which finished without a sale

Ebay made some changes, so a lot of the "best offer" prices aren't showing.  Watchcount.com even says they don't show "Best Offer" anymore. http://www.watchcount.com/completed.php