• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BIRDS OF PREY starring Margot Robbie (2020?)
1 1

1,068 posts in this topic

With this film having such a small budget, it isn't going to take long for it to exceed break-even.

Estimated market split: 34% domestic, 66% international

Production budget: $75M

4.0X production budget: $300M

BOP_Estimate01.thumb.PNG.b5677a392c6977b5b4f2346c1dea14bd.PNG

If all it has to achieve is $102M domestic and $198M international to hit that target, this film is a packaged success in the making. Especially with all the Harley Quinn fanatics.

I thought Suicide squad was pretty decent for DC. Be interesting to see how Margot does in this one. She definitely attracts movie goers, though I am not 100% sure it is her acting ability, something from Wolf of Wall Street rings a bell but i just cannot put my finger on it.

2 minutes ago, bane said:

I'm giddy like a little schoolgirl and so ready to come out in my best Harley Quinn cosplay outfit I have held back on revealing for years.

Move over, Batman. Birds of Prey is coming! :whee::banana::bump::news::whee:

Calm down.

:baiting:

I've watched the trailers a couple times and what bothers me is it seems like the Birds of Prey are second fiddle in their own film.

Also why isn't Oracle in it?  Don't the disabled need representation?

6 hours ago, D84 said:

I've watched the trailers a couple times and what bothers me is it seems like the Birds of Prey are second fiddle in their own film.

Also why isn't Oracle in it?  Don't the disabled need representation?

hm

Could be because Oracle is rumored to appear in Titans Season 3. So the character will be covered on that show.

I'm hoping Marvel does the same with bringing Daredevil back as a blind superhero.

On 1/20/2020 at 8:05 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I have seen literally nothing that gives me an ounce of interest in this. Looks like they're just pandering to cosplayers. Vapid doesn't make for good movie-going experiences.

Agreed. Even my teenage daughters are not interested in this. They loved Joker though.