• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BIRDS OF PREY starring Margot Robbie (2020?)
1 1

1,068 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Sometimes surprises come in twos.

Joker: There's no market for this film other than incel domestic types who only go out alone.

Birds of Prey: A bunch of girls? The costumes don't even match the comic books. Ugh! And, it has a bunch of girls. Yuck!

My thoughts were always that Joker would do well based on Phoenix and would be a moderate success at the box office. I’m not sure if anyone thought it would break a billion.

Birds of Prey. I’m completely good with a female led cast cause you know, I like girls. I even watched the Ghostbusters reboot. But let’s never speak of that again.

5 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

xD

It's not because Birds of Prey.

I'm not supporting Worlds of DC at the box office until they #ReleasetheSnyderCut.

I'm also not supporting MCU Phase 4 (Codename: Woke) because of the D+ tie-ins. Plus the fact that I thought the MCU would be trash post-Thanos.

Just now, theCapraAegagrus said:

It's not because Birds of Prey.

I'm not supporting Worlds of DC at the box office until they #ReleasetheSnyderCut.

I'm also not supporting MCU Phase 4 (Codename: Woke) because of the D+ tie-ins. Plus the fact that I thought the MCU would be trash post-Thanos.

I know there are many taking this stance. And I respect your decision, though disagree with the approach.

But skipping these newer films just to get what should have been released previously only hurts the modern course correction. It isn't like they are going to bring Zack Snyder back to continue his run, unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

I know there are many taking this stance. And I respect your decision, though disagree with the approach.

But skipping these newer films just to get what should have been released previously only hurts the modern course correction. It isn't like they are going to bring Zack Snyder back to continue his run, unfortunately.

I may see Black Adam and/or Shazam 2.

They're not going to correct course if there's no outcry. They can, and IMO should, bring Snyder back to give Worlds of DC a vision again. Man of Steel 2. Justice League: Darkseid War.

As Aquaman shows - standalone movies work, but they are all still in the same world, and what's going to be the DC endgame? You just gonna tell single-player stories forever? DC fans deserve better.

So far, many seem to enjoy the film. Though there are comments about how the -script could have delivered a more consistent story. But when comparing to Deadpool, what consistent story was anyone expecting?

'trainwreck' (: