• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BIRDS OF PREY starring Margot Robbie (2020?)
1 1

1,068 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I don't think I have one of his early appearances.  Not that I wouldn't have bought them for cheap but they never seem to pop up for a discount.  Now I'm glad:banana:

:roflmao: 

A shame it didn't work for you and the wife. It will be interesting to see what comes of this in the end, since we are only four (4) full days into its release.

I saw it tonight, in an absolutely dead theater. Considering this film has only been out for 3 days I was shocked to see it with less than a dozen other people.

I thought I was going to hate it but to my surprise I didn't. It was fun and quirky which was what they were going for.

Harley's fight scenes were well done, I thought the hyena was great. Not much else to say.

6/10

9 hours ago, D84 said:

People couldn't tell from the advertising that it was a Harley Quinn movie?

Doubt that was the main reason. I know in my family "circle" the only Harley Quinn fan is my brothers 10 year old daughter. The R rated movie means she won't be seeing it. The character isn't even on my 13 year old's radar. She is more of a "Cursed Pirate Girl" and Anime fan.

Also, there was ZERO momentum or excitement from Suicide Squad for any kind of "spinoff." While Harley Quinn was arguably the best thing from that movie, that still wasn't saying much. While the movie did respectable numbers, it was still viewed as a failure. With the R-rating, it should be no surprise that audiences didn't show up for this. Harley Quinn is popular, but she's no Joker or Deadpool.

I think what was needed in the trailers (as I haven't seen the movie), was more costumed characters. Give us something to look forward to other than just seeing Margot Robbie in white makeup and a baseball bat again. Huntress in a close to comic book costume perhaps. A more colorfully costumed villain, perhaps would have been better. Maybe Huntress should have been the antagonist in a flip the -script kind of thing with a true villain pulling the strings, but now I'm talking story. The trailers needed to show us how Harley's movie was going to be different from Suicide Squad, but it looked like more of the same.

4 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

The trailers needed to show us how Harley's movie was going to be different from Suicide Squad, but it looked like more of the same.

More of the same?

But without, ya' know:

• Batman
  • The Joker
  • Will Smith
  • Amanda Waller

Or (for us comics fans): Oracle. How you gonna' have a BoP movie without one of the team's most critical characters?

2 hours ago, Chaos_in_Canada said:

After 4 days, 

X-Men: Dark Phoenix, $35,312,359

BOP, $35,170,193

:eek:

However Dark Phoenix had a budget of $200 million, BOP has a budget of $90 million, so while yes it is below Dark Phoenix in sales right now it doesn't need to do nearly as much as Dark Phoenix to break even.  The saving grace of BOP is that it was "relatively" cheap.

32 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

However Dark Phoenix had a budget of $200 million, BOP has a budget of $90 million, so while yes it is below Dark Phoenix in sales right now it doesn't need to do nearly as much as Dark Phoenix to break even.  The saving grace of BOP is that it was "relatively" cheap.

How dare you get in the way of a good hate post. Why, after all that angst from watching Joker explode, this is their time. This is their time!

(:

33 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

+ DP had a < $10MM 2nd weekend, given the holiday there's no chance BOP doesn't bury that number