• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BIRDS OF PREY starring Margot Robbie (2020?)
1 1

1,068 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, Chaos_in_Canada said:

After 6 days, :news:

Gemini Man (2019), $26,934,207 million

Dark Phoenix, $41,292,107 million

Birds of Prey, $40,376,561 million

Now come on. If you are going to MCU Troll, be consistent with your reference points.

Cats (2019), $11,185,980 (Day 6)

Box Office: What ‘Birds Of Prey’ Needs To Become DC’s Biggest Movie

https://www.forbes.com/sites/travisbean/2020/02/07/box-office-birds-of-prey-1-billion-dc/#16ecb9858953

"It seems all but certain that Harley Quinn will at least crack the top ten. And if the film can approach the $300 million mark domestically, then the film could very well near Wonder Woman territory." :roflmao::banana:

960x0.jpg?fit=scale

Edited by Chaos_in_Canada

4 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Could be that Harley Quinn just isn't as popular as was made to be believed.  The numbers certainly support this...

That could more be the reality. As excited as people get over her, it is as entertainment distraction from a broader team.

Even with the animated show, it may be called 'Harley Quinn' but you have Posion Ivy, Killer Shark, Clayface, Frank the Plant ( :roflmao: ), Doctor Psycho. Loads of entertainment candy throughout.

21 minutes ago, The Brain said:

This is one of  a handful of movies,

where negative reviews forced me

to not see it.

It actually had more positive reviews than negative. Even with a substantial drop from 89% after 327 critic reviews.

BoP_RT.PNG.60071461d615440ebe77d15e12a83f96.PNG

But unless you are geared towards a 'girls on the town' film, you may end up like many of those stating "This isn't what I expected". From what - a film that clearly called out being about female strength??

3 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

That could more be the reality. As excited as people get over her, it is as entertainment distraction from a broader team.

Even with the animated show, it may be called 'Harley Quinn' but you have Posion Ivy, Killer Shark, Clayface, Frank the Plant ( :roflmao: ), Doctor Psycho. Loads of entertainment candy throughout.

Plus, the current cartoon has a much more balanced cast, and to some extent better known characters.  But the heart of the show, which from reviews seems to be missing from the movie, is this is HQ's family and her friends.  She relies on them and each character despite their faults gets some great moments. All the characters have strengths, and flaws.  HQ has a ton of flaws in the show, yet comes across as strong and ultimately likeable. There is a genuine heart to the show, despite being way over the top at times.

Finally, the dynamic and relationship  between HQ and Ivy is outstanding, and makes everything else work.  I would even go as far as saying Ivy is the best character in the current cartoon.  She is the absolute perfect foil that keeps HQ somewhat grounded. 

From the looks of it the movie could have learn a lot from what the cartoon is doing.

4 hours ago, Chaos_in_Canada said:

Box Office: What ‘Birds Of Prey’ Needs To Become DC’s Biggest Movie

https://www.forbes.com/sites/travisbean/2020/02/07/box-office-birds-of-prey-1-billion-dc/#16ecb9858953

"It seems all but certain that Harley Quinn will at least crack the top ten. And if the film can approach the $300 million mark domestically, then the film could very well near Wonder Woman territory." :roflmao::banana:

I clicked on this link, even though I was 90% certain I was gonna' be Rick-Rolled.

While it's unfair to make fun of such misguided predictions so long after the fact, I still had to smile that rather than opening at his # 11 (at $55 million) it opened nearly $20 million below Batman Forever (at # 15).

Hell, it opened nearly $10 million worse than Batman & Robin did back in '97, and George Clooney straight apologized for ruining the Batman franchise with that one.

19 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Could be that Harley Quinn just isn't as popular as was made to be believed.  The numbers certainly support this...

It’s easy. Everything about the first Suicide Squad movie was bad and it generated zero excitement for any spinoff and resulted in a coming reboot. The DCEU is also a mess, so with the exception of Wonder Woman and maybe maybe Aquaman, not a lot of folks care. Harley Quinn was the best thing in that first movie but that’s not saying much. 

But as I said in my little review post, Margot Robbie’s Harley is IMO awesome in Birds of Prey. She plays the role with more energy, expression, and abandon here. She’s not oversexualized like in SS ie bending over for the camera all the time. She’s fun to watch in BoP and it’s too bad the movie wasn’t 100% Harley. I would have liked to see Quinn really lose it in a scary way but the movie didnt go there, maybe because she was playing big sister to pickpocket Cassie.

Birds of Prey was more fun and worked better than Suicide Squad but too bad most folks won’t find that out.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

3 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

It’s easy. Everything about the first Suicide Squad movie was bad and it generated zero excitement for any spinoff and resulted in a coming reboot. The DCEU is also a mess, so with the exception of Wonder Woman and maybe maybe Aquaman, not a lot of folks care. Harley Quinn was the best thing in that first movie but that’s not saying much. 

But as I said in my little review post, Margot Robbie’s Harley is IMO awesome in Birds of Prey. She plays the role with more energy, expression, and abandon here. She’s not oversexualized like in SS ie bending over for the camera all the time. She’s fun to watch in BoP and it’s too bad the movie wasn’t 100% Harley. I would have liked to see Quinn really lose it in a scary way but the movie didnt go there, maybe because she was playing big sister to pickpocket Cassie.

Birds of Prey was more fun and worked better than Suicide Squad but too bad most folks won’t find that out.

That simply isn't true.