• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BIRDS OF PREY starring Margot Robbie (2020?)
1 1

1,068 posts in this topic

For those on the fence about seeing this and yet want to give it a go, it is worth seeing. There is action from beginning to end.

The rumor about the male genitals in the diamond was completely false

But make no mistake. The R-rating was a mistake other than one hardcore scene that I think is what really tipped this over the top. If that as the deal-breaker between PG-13 and an R-rating, block out that scene from the audience view.

Edited by Bosco685
dang silly auto-correct

11 minutes ago, Chaos_in_Canada said:

Birds of Prey's Box Office Troubles Go Back To One Bad Decision

https://screenrant.com/birds-prey-harley-quinn-movie-box-office-r-rating-bad/

jjj-laugh.png&key=e89085682cca1bd426e81f

Birds-of-Prey-Harley-Quinn-Movie-Box-Off

:roflmao:

You are too funny. Is that your big contribution? How much can you detract from a film, and continuously post about its weak box office results without being a fan of the characters, film or franchise?

:applause:

l will start off by saying that I was completely turned off by the trailers and almost decided to avoid this movie in the theaters and just wait for Netflix or HBO.  But my wife saw this by herself earlier in the week, and we generally like the same movies.  She said it was good.  Wonder Woman is her all-time favorite movie, while Infinity War is mine.  And my 12-year old daughter wanted to see this with her dad, so I figured worst case, I at least get to spend a couple of hours with my daughter.  We went to the 4:35 pm showing to a theater that was about half full (bigger crowd than I expected and mostly adults with very few kids).  This movie was a lot of fun!  Laughter from the audience throughout the whole movie and good action/fight scenes.  And the story actually worked for me.  Didn't seem forced or too unbelievable in my opinion.  Admittedly, I was also one of the few who liked Suicide Squad (and even the Leto Joker), but I think this movie was actually at least as good and perhaps even better.  Go give this movie a shot.  You will be glad you did.

53 minutes ago, apollobuzz said:

l will start off by saying that I was completely turned off by the trailers and almost decided to avoid this movie in the theaters and just wait for Netflix or HBO.  But my wife saw this by herself earlier in the week, and we generally like the same movies.  She said it was good.  Wonder Woman is her all-time favorite movie, while Infinity War is mine.  And my 12-year old daughter wanted to see this with her dad, so I figured worst case, I at least get to spend a couple of hours with my daughter.  We went to the 4:35 pm showing to a theater that was about half full (bigger crowd than I expected and mostly adults with very few kids).  This movie was a lot of fun!  Laughter from the audience throughout the whole movie and good action/fight scenes.  And the story actually worked for me.  Didn't seem forced or too unbelievable in my opinion.  Admittedly, I was also one of the few who liked Suicide Squad (and even the Leto Joker), but I think this movie was actually at least as good and perhaps even better.  Go give this movie a shot.  You will be glad you did.

Quality Review and Time Spent.

I'm of the mind that not every movie has to be my favorite, I can still enjoy, but when it IS out of this world :takeit: 

Glad You Had A Good Time, and that it was made a family occasion :headbang: 

5 minutes ago, paperheart said:

image.png.43c93ec4918fc0ac8d95df43bc11e911.png

https://tenor.com/view/bart-shoot-the-simpsons-bb-gun-bird-gif-7353467

racing Dark Phoenix to the bottom, will need a big Japan or China release to get to $250MM WW:ohnoez:

Don't think Dark Phoenix is an apt comparison anymore, given that that while they opened similarly, that film dropped 71.5% in its second weekend, grossing only $9.4 million.

It is still, however, pacing nearly identically to John Wick 2.

Just now, Gatsby77 said:

Honestly, 48.2% isn't a bad drop, considering 55% is about average for superhero films like this.

I mean, Suicide Squad dropped 67.4% in its second weekend.

Even Man of Steel dropped 64.6%. 

it's the holiday, look at the other weekend drops: BB2 -6%, 1917 -11%, Jumanji flat; in 2014 when V-Day was on Friday and Prez day was Monday, Lego was down 28%.

7 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Don't think Dark Phoenix is an apt comparison anymore, given that that while they opened similarly, that film dropped 71.5% in its second weekend, grossing only $9.4 million.

It is still, however, pacing nearly identically to John Wick 2.

i was talking WW, DP $252MM is the low bar this flop may not even hurdle.