• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BIRDS OF PREY starring Margot Robbie (2020?)
1 1

1,068 posts in this topic

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/suicide-squad-david-ayer-treatment-harley-quinn-102611305.html

image.thumb.png.6de0f3e01c56c9df9b875b15b114b0ec.png

Watched part of Suicide Squad recently. It's such a garbage movie. Harley truly is treated horribly, both by the Joker and by David Ayers. Boreds of Prey was like a 10xbetter depiction of Harley Quinn, which was the point of both movies, really. Too bad Harley Quinn 2 got lost in the DCEU mess. It's not that bad.

6 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/suicide-squad-david-ayer-treatment-harley-quinn-102611305.html

image.thumb.png.6de0f3e01c56c9df9b875b15b114b0ec.png

Watched part of Suicide Squad recently. It's such a garbage movie. Harley truly is treated horribly, both by the Joker and by David Ayers. Boreds of Prey was like a 10xbetter depiction of Harley Quinn, which was the point of both movies, really. Too bad Harley Quinn 2 got lost in the DCEU mess. It's not that bad.

Way to take the eye off the ball with your 'Tom Hanks is the same performance in every film' with the 'SQUIRREL' attempt.

:applause:

I remember this same character from Bosom Buddies. :wink:

Watched this last night with my wife, and we both enjoyed the film. I went into it with low expectations and think that was key for me enjoying the flick. The fight scenes were fun; some of them were over the top comic bookish and reminded me of John Wick or Kill Bill. I'd say overall the acting and story were mediocre. If you go into the movie with an open mind and not expecting the best movie of this genre you might like it. I enjoyed it for what it is: a campy comic book movie.

On 4/20/2020 at 8:13 AM, Bosco685 said:

Way to take the eye off the ball with your 'Tom Hanks is the same performance in every film' with the 'SQUIRREL' attempt.

:applause:

I remember this same character from Bosom Buddies. :wink:

80’s Tom Hanks was basically the same guy in his comedies and I loved them all. 
He hardly ever played the bad guy and we are stuck with the wholesome image of Tom Hanks and that lessens the impact of his growth as an actor into roles like Saving Private Ryan, Captain Phillips, Sully and others. You see other actors like Jim Carey and Adam Sandler trying to pull off a Tom Hanks in their careers. Sandler’s Uncut Gems was a good step in that direction. 

42 minutes ago, Grails said:

80’s Tom Hanks was basically the same guy in his comedies and I loved them all. 
He hardly ever played the bad guy and we are stuck with the wholesome image of Tom Hanks and that lessens the impact of his growth as an actor into roles like Saving Private Ryan, Captain Phillips, Sully and others. You see other actors like Jim Carey and Adam Sandler trying to pull off a Tom Hanks in their careers. Sandler’s Uncut Gems was a good step in that direction. 

Oddly enough, one of my kids wanted to watch Joe Versus The Volcano last night for the first time when he realized it is the same actor that did Woody in Toy Story. You can clearly see Hanks was locked into the same comedy approach each time with the spastic reactions to stress-inducing events like he did in The Burbs. But I love his appearances each time.

Yet his more serious work definitely takes him to a different place. And with Road To Perdition this was definitely a different tone for Hanks for sure.

Edited by Bosco685

31 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Oddly enough, one of my kids wanted to watch Joe Versus The Volcano last night for the first time when he realized it is the same actor that did Woody in Toy Story. You can clearly see Hangs was locked into the same comedy approach each time with the spastic reactions to stress-inducing events like he did in The Burbs. But I love his appearances each time.

Yet his more serious work definitely takes him to a different place. And with Road To Perdition this was definitely a different tone for Hanks for sure.

I have watched Joe VS the volcano, The Burbs and The Money Pit countless times. Countless! 

Big blowup today between Grace Randolph and the director of Birds of Prey, Cathy Yan. The former tried to peddle the pud pic in the diamond story. Turns out the entire rumor was made up.

Spoiler

BOP01.thumb.jpg.a5e641794af716420bec1be08667bfca.jpg

BOP02.thumb.jpg.974c537fe90757422799016ab8336ae0.jpg

And to further confirm the story was fake, Grace tried to pull other movie insiders into the conversation and they confirmed she made it up.

Spoiler

BOP03.jpg.e0ba71746473484c5127990074287ed4.jpg

:roflmao:

But as long as it was WB/DC negative, people relished in repeating this.

7 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

I am bumping this thread in the hopes that someone can tell me either (1) how to get the hour and a half back that I spent watching this turd or (2) if there is an affordable DC-sanctioned mindwipe service.

I'll take the answer off air.

mindwipe.gif.be12dd30f8ab62ca76d19d9382b5481c.gif

Care of a Marvel property, MIB. :banana:

Watched it last night with the 9 year old. He loved it. I thought it was fun. A little miscast.   Huntress needs to be hotter, Rosie is too old to be believable as a bare knuckled bad and unless Kane has repressed memories of her ninja training then that casting doesn't make sense. Otherwise it was a fun movie that was marketed badly and had bad timing right as covid was becoming a concern.  If they're smart zazz is not dead and he is brought back as the guy who played him on Gotham. Dunno why they'd change the casting. He was great. They should do a re-cut, remove some filler, and give us 5 - 10 minutes on how she became this lunatic. Clearly the persona here was not the PhD who met joker. His influence turned her into this.