• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BIRDS OF PREY starring Margot Robbie (2020?)
1 1

1,068 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

Let's amend that further for a more positive and wholesome reading experience. :baiting::angel:

'A contributing factor to the excitement/reaction of this movie could be the fact the same female audience that was excited over Charlie's Angels leading to disappointment now feel as if BOP was the female buddy film they desired'

:shy:

At least I can read it...

35 minutes ago, Grails said:

Absolutely agree. I’ve rewatched Man of Steel quite a few times and the CGI is flawless and works beautifully. It’s also the only way it could ever work today. Superman 1978 has a special place in my heart and that is where it will remain.

But a film like Kick-Azz worked great too without the extensive CGI. It was very much Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Nic Cage and Chloe Grace Moretz beating down the baddies.

Same with Kingsman. Though there is definitely some big CGI portions when the heads are exploding near the end.

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

But a film like Kick-Azz worked great too without the extensive CGI. It was very much Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Nic Cage and Chloe Grace Moretz beating down the baddies.

Same with Kingsman. Though there is definitely some big CGI portions when the heads are exploding near the end.

Meh, it's 'good', but it's not a superhero movie.

I'm not gonna "want to abolish VFX from the industry" just because some non-super hero movies work. Y'know?

6 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Meh, it's 'good', but it's not a superhero movie.

I'm not gonna "want to abolish VFX from the industry" just because some non-super hero movies work. Y'know?

Kick-as is most definitely a superhero movie. No not Superman level of flying through buildings and punching invulnerable bad guys across town, but it is still in the genre.

Similar to Daredevil and Batman as examples of somewhat "normal" people with something to put them a little over the top be it money, gadgets, weapons and skills. Or perhaps a radar sense or no nerves so you are immune to pain.

3 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Kick-as is most definitely a superhero movie. No not Superman level of flying through buildings and punching invulnerable bad guys across town, but it is still in the genre.

Similar to Daredevil and Batman as examples of somewhat "normal" people with something to put them a little over the top be it money, gadgets, weapons and skills. Or perhaps a radar sense or no nerves so you are immune to pain.

I define "superhero" as someone with super powers or abilities.

So, Batman isn't a superhero. He's just peak human intelligence and physical condition.

Kick-A** is a hero movie. Not superhero, though.

6 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I define "superhero" as someone with super powers or abilities.

So, Batman isn't a superhero. He's just peak human intelligence and physical condition.

I don't think anyone said 'eliminate CGI from superhero films'.

To me, the thinking is to avoid cookie-cutter concepts both grounded and CGI-heavy comic book films should be the norm. Someone like Daredevil kicking butt in Hell's Kitchen does not need a CGI space creature coming from some far-off galactic location to bring the excitement. Taking on Kingpin or Punisher or even Bullseye is just fine with me. Just like if Black Cat or other street-base characters were given a chance to entertain us. See what I mean? :foryou:

I don't think anyone said 'eliminate CGI from superhero films'.

To me, the thinking is to avoid cookie-cutter concepts both grounded and CGI-heavy comic book films should be the norm. Someone like Daredevil kicking butt in Hell's Kitchen does not need a CGI space creature coming from some far-off galactic location to bring the excitement. Taking on Kingpin or Punisher or even Bullseye is just fine with me. Just like if Black Cat or other street-base characters were given a chance to entertain us. See what I mean? :foryou:

That dingus either meant the "comic book film industry" or the film industry as a whole.

Or they could be less-artarded and just incapable of conveying their thoughts correctly.

Either way: Grade-A dingus.

I don't think this film was meant for me.  I saw the trailer and I just want to start laughing hysterically or change the channel (one of the two).

52 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Remember, part of the film story (I never read the comic books :whatthe: ) was he got hit by a car, and lost the ability to feel pain. So he could fight beyond the normal boundaries because of that.

Remember, part of the film story (I never read the comic books :whatthe: ) was he got hit by a car, and lost the ability to feel pain. So he could fight beyond the normal boundaries because of that.

CIP is a real human condition, though. Not "super" enough.

1 hour ago, paperheart said:

Box Office: ‘Birds Of Prey’ Nabs Troubling $4 Million Thursday

even WB's Fluffer in Chief can't spin this one positively, though there is still hope the reviews will attract a crowd

Box Office Mojo has this tracking for the $40 million range given the soft Thursday preview.  I am still on the fence about seeing this.  Is it just me or has the marketing seemed weak and the Studio seems to lack enthusiasm for the film?