• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BIRDS OF PREY starring Margot Robbie (2020?)
1 1

1,068 posts in this topic

Birds of Prey (or, uh, Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey) earned $1.92 million on its third Friday, losing 700 theaters and dropping 69% from last Friday’s potentially Valentine’s Day-inflated day-eight gross. The $82 million DC Films flick has earned $67.44 million after 15 days and should earn around $6.7 million (-61%) over the weekend. That’ll give it a $72 million 17-day cume. No, that’s not a great hold, and it’s going to be smushed by Invisible Man next weekend. An $85 million domestic cume is now probably the best-case-scenario. All hope for Warner Bros. now lies with Wonder Woman 1984, In the Heights and Tenet in June and July.

wifey dragged me to the theater yesterday for this...it was fine but nothing amazing. I didn't really like some of the ways characters were changed but that really isn't a criticism of the movie, more what I wanted. Wifey loved the spectacle of it. Some bad plot decisions just to get you to the cute ending but all in all not a waste of my time. (Is that a sterling recommendation or what...not a waste of my time!)

25 minutes ago, Bird said:

wifey dragged me to the theater yesterday for this...it was fine but nothing amazing. I didn't really like some of the ways characters were changed but that really isn't a criticism of the movie, more what I wanted. Wifey loved the spectacle of it. Some bad plot decisions just to get you to the cute ending but all in all not a waste of my time. (Is that a sterling recommendation or what...not a waste of my time!)

Advertising is already going to print, under the header 'Bird on Birds'.

bird_bop.PNG.9610884aefae4f78171b0d69bd38f6e0.PNG

:baiting:

Edited by Bosco685

6 hours ago, paperheart said:

image.png.2f57146a3d889495e5d0a38cc7c8233e.png

only 17 days in, may still be too early to call but it's not looking terribly promising compared to other R rated CB movies

xD

So the 'worse than Cats and Dark Phoenix' didn't stick because now Birds of Prey passed 2.0X production budget after an extremely low start. So what's the next move?

'Let's compare it to all recent comic book R-Rated films!

emotion01.gif.8577fe741c29ecd76e01d812a8313799.gif

:insane:

Let's see if the comparisons make sense:

• Films released in February?
    • Deadpool 2/12/16 
    • Logan 3/3/17
    • Deadpool 2 5/10/18
    • Joker 10/4/19
  • Female lead films on that list? 0
  • Female team films on that list? 0
  • Are there female lead or team R-Rated movies similar (or close)? Anna, Atomic Blonde, Kill Bill: Vol 1, Kill Bill: Vol 2, Lucy, Peppermint, Red Sparrow, The Kitchen, Underworld
  • How many of those female lead or team R-Rated movies are based on comic books: Atomic Blonde (GN: The Coldest City), The Kitchen (Ollie Masters and Ming Doyle series)

DC_MCU_BO200223e.thumb.png.1cfd7fb5a00dff39e76094bf276f651d.png

It would appear Atomic Blonde is the money-maker of the logical trio with that extremely low budget and Charlize Theron as the dangerous lead. BOP will never catch up to that revenue ratio figure.

But congrats to @paperheart for the effort. :golfclap:

Edited by Bosco685

I saw this yesterday and liked it. 

It is a little short and kinda needed a bit more but for what it was, it was pretty good.

action scenes were top notch - you can tell the John Wick influence 

7 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

xD

So the 'worse than Cats and Dark Phoenix' didn't stick because now Birds of Prey passed 2.0X production budget after an extremely low start. So what's the next move?

'Let's compare it to all recent comic book R-Rated films!

emotion01.gif.8577fe741c29ecd76e01d812a8313799.gif

:insane:

Let's see if the comparisons make sense:

• Films released in February?
    • Deadpool 2/12/16 
    • Logan 3/3/17
    • Deadpool 2 5/10/18
    • Joker 10/4/19
  • Female lead films on that list? 0
  • Female team films on that list? 0
  • Are there female lead or team R-Rated movies similar (or close)? Anna, Atomic Blonde, Kill Bill: Vol 1, Kill Bill: Vol 2, Lucy, Peppermint, Red Sparrow, The Kitchen, Underworld
  • How many of those female lead or team R-Rated movies are based on comic books: Atomic Blonde (GN: The Coldest City), The Kitchen (Ollie Masters and Ming Doyle series)

DC_MCU_BO200223e.thumb.png.1cfd7fb5a00dff39e76094bf276f651d.png

It would appear Atomic Blonde is the money-maker of the logical trio with that extremely low budget and Charlize Theron as the dangerous lead. BOP will never catch up to that revenue ratio figure.

But congrats to @paperheart for the effort. :golfclap:

Dang, Bosco.

You're bending yourself into a dang pretzel trying to defend this film.

You might as well have said,

"Compare it to recent R-rated superhero films? Unfair! You can only compare it to female-led R-rated action films released during February of a Leap Year under a Wolf Moon in the Year of the Rat"

The truth is...people just...didn't...want...to...see..it.

Edited by Gatsby77

48 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Dang, Bosco.

You're bending yourself into a dang pretzel trying to defend this film.

You might as well have said,

"Compare it to recent R-rated superhero films? Unfair! You can only compare it to female-led R-rated action films released during February of a Leap Year under a Wolf Moon in the Year of the Rat"

The truth is...people just...didn't...want...to...see..it.

Dang Gatsby, no bending necessary when you see people purposely trolling a film for no other reason other than to be negative. Including when they don't even care for the content in question (e.g. MCU fan attacking a WB/DC film).

You've done the same thing with films, all behind the veil of 'I'm just trying to protect others from having to suffer seeing this thing' (RE: Batman v Superman). I guess it's an outlook on life.

The truth is, a portion of the audience DID want to see the film. WB goofily blocked a portion with an R-Rating, leading to that portion most probably seeing it via torrent sites.