• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM: ASM 129

28 posts in this topic

It's not a derail at all.  It's a good comparison.  You show  good example of a properly ( in my mind) of cover centering. If you're looking for the high grade, this stuff needs to be right.  My little dot on my 8.5 says when it ain't quite right.  Everything has to be right.  I might hate it but it's judging perfect as opposed to less than perfect. We  may hate it or love it but it is what it is.

I only  had two books I could not tell apart. Someone else  brutally could . Between a perfect 9.8 and here lies that difference.   

8 hours ago, mdean2437 said:

I think it gets a 7.5 due to stain with clean and press. If that crease couldn't be pressed 7.0.

I had a press like that that CSS couldn't press out enough to not take a hit in grade

Some books really need to be pressed twice to get good results. I find the difficulty with this particular yellow is that it's really hard to see color breaks.  I would be interested in seeing how this book fares.

6 hours ago, Glassman10 said:

Some books really need to be pressed twice to get good results. I find the difficulty with this particular yellow is that it's really hard to see color breaks.  I would be interested in seeing how this book fares.

Here are the notes the book graded a 7.0 (a travesty in my mind) (Batman 47 )

light readers crease front cover light tanning interior cover small tear bottom of back cover. I would post pic but I don't want to hijack the thread. 

2 hours ago, mdean2437 said:

Here are the notes the book graded a 7.0 (a travesty in my mind) (Batman 47 )

light readers crease front cover light tanning interior cover small tear bottom of back cover. I would post pic but I don't want to hijack the thread. 

It's not a hijack. I made my observation on talking to people who helped me through the grading of a number of books and the AST 129 was one of them. My AF15 was another. I would stand by the statement about double pressing. What's important to understand here is the flow of the money. Every Press, every grade is money flowing away from you but potentially flowing towards you . It's a business after all.  Click the grade up a  half point.... Around here, the earth moves. 

Edited by Glassman10