• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thank You USPS
2 2

44 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, namisgr said:

Shipped two packages of comics over the X-Mas holiday by USPS Priority.  Both were received within 3 business days.

I love the USPS.

I've shipped lots of packages in Dec and Jan. Many have arrived in time. I'm not the one promising 2 or 3 day delivery, but I'm the one paying for it. And then when it doesn't show, the buyer is contacting me asking where it is. Not USPS.

8 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

I've shipped lots of packages in Dec and Jan. Many have arrived in time. I'm not the one promising 2 or 3 day delivery, but I'm the one paying for it. And then when it doesn't show, the buyer is contacting me asking where it is. Not USPS.

If it were my customer, I'd tell them to expect the package in an extra day, owing to the holiday crunch.  Of course, if you think there's a faster, more reliable shipper out there for a comparable price, then by all means use them.

Edited by namisgr

4 minutes ago, namisgr said:

If it were my customer, I'd tell them to expect the package in an extra day, owing to the holiday crunch.  Of course, if you think there's a faster, more reliable shipper out there for a comparable price, then by all means use them.

Thats exactly what I say and hope for the best. So far it's worked out. That's not the point. You said yours was delivered on time. Mine were not. I paid for a service that did not deliver, pun intended.

So, 1. My time is being used answering questions and making excuses for USPS. 2. Am I getting a partial refund for the service I paid for not being met?

Wouldn't a customer expect the same at your work?

16 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Thats exactly what I say and hope for the best. So far it's worked out. That's not the point. You said yours was delivered on time. Mine were not. I paid for a service that did not deliver, pun intended.

So, 1. My time is being used answering questions and making excuses for USPS. 2. Am I getting a partial refund for the service I paid for not being met?

No, not during the December holiday crunch.  At my local post office, they give you projections on estimated arrival dates for packages adjusted for the holiday crunch, so you know precisely what you're paying for.  And again, if there's a service out there that has given you better experiences during the December season, then use them - in other words, pay for the best service you can find.  In my experience, it's been the USPS, but your experience may vary.

Edited by namisgr

24 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Did you ship First Class Mail or Priority Mail? If you did not ship Priority Mail, you don't have any real leg to stand on.

1 minute ago, FlyingDonut said:

Did you ship First Class Mail or Priority Mail? If you did not ship Priority Mail, you don't have any real leg to stand on.

These are all Priority mailings. First Class is usually 2 days, but they don't guarantee anything.

17 minutes ago, namisgr said:

No, not during the December holiday crunch.  At my local post office, they give you projections on estimated arrival dates for packages adjusted for the holiday crunch, so you know precisely what you're paying for.  And again, if there's a service out there that has given you better experiences during the December season, then use them - in other words, pay for the best service you can find.  In my experience, it's been the USPS, but your experience may vary.

All my delays have been this month. December was actually better than I expected.

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

All my delays have been this month. December was actually better than I expected.

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

Where were you going to? I'm sure they were weather related.

7 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

Where were you going to? I'm sure they were weather related.

I'm in Ohio, so of course that could be the case. But the mail has not stopped being delivered. We haven't had any huge snow, it's just been bitter cold.

One package was being delivered to Las Vegas. One package was coming to me from OK, etc...

People complaining about the US Postal Service should spend some time in other countries.  Our mail system is fantastic compared to most in the world and is very affordable.  Try getting something delivered the next day by Royal Mail the next time you are in the UK.  See how that works out for you.;)

I am currently waiting on a package that shipped from New Jersey to Florida.  It was sent 1/8.   

As of 1/18 it  scanned in Ybor City- Tampa, but still in transist ( I am less than 25 minutes from Ybor City). 

I know weather has been bad in the NE, but this is going on two weeks tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Lucky Baru said:

People complaining about the US Postal Service should spend some time in other countries.  Our mail system is fantastic compared to most in the world and is very affordable.  Try getting something delivered the next day by Royal Mail the next time you are in the UK.  See how that works out for you.;)

I Have lived in another country. Other ways of life are very different as well. What's that have to do with anything?

Even Canadas post is more expensive to ship to the US vs shipping to Canada from the US. But I don't live there either.

USPS has been good for me for almost 20 years now never lost a package. I have had a few get there very late and I did lose in overseas package to England about 15 years ago.
I just had one the other day that they literally tore off the left side of the priority envelope for about 3 inches, but since I put an obscene amount of cardboard inside the comics
made it.

That being said it really needs to be addressed at the federal level. I think the USPS has seen its worst days. The boomers are retiring and the monetary system they have put in
place should cause the USPS to improve I hope. That being said they should continue to close offices that are not being fully utilize unless of course they get deemed a necessary
need again. At least their hiring practices are changing now. That's something that should have been done years ago.

BTW I hate having to edit my sentences. Its the only thing I hate about the new system.

Edited by fastballspecial

8 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

it is 120 miles round trip based on what they wrote.

lol yes it is but worth the drive if the books are expensive. It would give me piece of mind. Unfortunately I can not drive to CGC so I have to rely on shipping the books and I am always nervous while they are in transit. When I do ship, I always do it on a Monday so the books have a few days to make it to CGC as I don’t like the thought of having my books floating around on the weekend.