• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Swimsuit and Other Risque OA~

48 posts in this topic

On 1/23/2018 at 9:21 AM, mister_not_so_nice said:

That reminds me that I have this page that I have no idea if/where it was published or who the artist(s) are.  My only clue is it is on an IMAGE board.

vamplust-orig.jpg

Serves her right for not eating her spinach.

On 1/22/2018 at 7:46 AM, The Voord said:

You want risqué art?  Here ya go . . .

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=2163

Though afterwards, you may never want risqué art again . . .

THAT STUFF IS AWESOME!!

you put that in a museum and call it “outsider art” and they’ll be lines around the block. 

Edited by NoMan

On 1/23/2018 at 6:21 AM, mister_not_so_nice said:

That reminds me that I have this page that I have no idea if/where it was published or who the artist(s) are.  My only clue is it is on an IMAGE board.

vamplust-orig.jpg

I remember seeing this page for sale years ago. I believe it said the artist was Al Rio and it was some sexy indie comic he did, maybe a Brazilian one? Can't remember beyond being positive it is Al Rio.

Swimsuit pinups are kind of my thing and have quite a few. So many published swimsuit pieces have come and gone through my collection over the years lol. I mostly focus on the Marvel and Image/Wildstorm swimsuit specials.

Here is one of the Marvel one's I still have, featuring Storm and Forge. It was both a pinup and the back cover to Marvel Swimsuit #3, by Jan Duursema.

For all the Image/Wildstorm ones, I have almost 20 so to save this thread the burden of so many scans, here is a link to that gallery on my CAF as well as a few choice selections for sharing here. ;) 

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=68184

Marvel Swimsuit copy.jpg

20090801113626_00012 copy.jpg

file 2 copy.jpg

d0VKb9En_2709161855271gpadd copy.JPG

03131240 copy.JPG

9 hours ago, Madman1138 said:

I remember seeing this page for sale years ago. I believe it said the artist was Al Rio and it was some sexy indie comic he did, maybe a Brazilian one? Can't remember beyond being positive it is Al Rio.

At first I wasn't so sure it was Rio but it looks like it's from his Secret Files series. 

https://www.google.fr/search?q=al+rio+secret.files&client=ms-android-samsung&prmd=inv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi1w8Dsv_PYAhWB2aQKHfVKCXQQ_AUICSgB&biw=360&bih=560

12 hours ago, Madman1138 said:

3 hours ago, Mycroft said:

I've talked with Terry Maltos (Al Rio's rep/close friend) and he has told me it is NOT Al Rio.

I'm hoping one day someone will recognize the bad guys (men in black / man in boxers / the nurse) and be able to tell me which book it was in. But since so many of those early Image books were so shi  not read by a lot of people so far it's been a bust.

11 minutes ago, mister_not_so_nice said:

I've talked with Terry Maltos (Al Rio's rep/close friend) and he has told me it is NOT Al Rio.

I'm hoping one day someone will recognize the bad guys (men in black / man in boxers / the nurse) and be able to tell me which book it was in. But since so many of those early Image books were so shi  not read by a lot of people so far it's been a bust.

Good news, I found it! It is a DPS (pages 7 & 8) from Secret Files #2 from 1996, from Angel Entertainment. Credits are listed as "Alex Jubran, Al Rio, & Friends" as the artists. Looks like Al Rio to me, around the time he was doing a more J Scott Campbell vibe, which led to him drawing Gen13 at Image shortly after this. I would swear it is by Al, but Terry would know best, I guess. But here is the published cover, title page, and DPS. Hope it helps!

Secret Files 002_0001.jpg

Secret Files 002_0003.jpg

Secret Files 002_0010-0011.jpg

4 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

I confess a lot of curiosity here, but what the heck could the plot be about? I'm thinking, she took a day to go to the beach, and before going swimming, she removed her katana, shoulder holster, and armor, all so she could get an even tan?

5a697c1d3a9ec_03131240copy.JPG.cc95586af040faa709576a072fcff4a7.JPG

WINNER WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER!!!!  It's like you were inside my head! ^^

4 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

I confess a lot of curiosity here, but what the heck could the plot be about? I'm thinking, she took a day to go to the beach, and before going swimming, she removed her katana, shoulder holster, and armor, all so she could get an even tan?

5a697c1d3a9ec_03131240copy.JPG.cc95586af040faa709576a072fcff4a7.JPG

Hahahaha! Plot was never a major part of the Swimsuit Specials. But yeah, that sounds about right lol. Tan lines suck! :)