• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Avengers 4

13 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Any way to repost pics without some of the haze. I'm not getting a clear look at especially the white area of the spine on this GR AV 4. Do you have a way to uptick the clarity?

Sorry, this is as good as my technology will permit.

27 minutes ago, Phicks said:

Sorry, this is as good as my technology will permit.

I think I'm seeing a small split at the bottom of the spine's edge? If so, 5.5 based on what else I can see in detail, and if that's not a split, I too am in the 6.0/6.5 camp, but it's guesswork for me as I can't see the fine details of the white portion of the spine.

1 hour ago, Phicks said:

Hey guys - I just picked up this mid grade key for what I thought was a pretty nice price.  I would appreciate your opinions on its grade.  Thanks in advance for any input.

I hope you realize this is a Reprint ? 

39 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Does everyone realize this is the Golden Record Reprint and not the original ? I hope the OP knew this as he mentioned getting it for a nice price ?????

I just noticed there is no price on the cover. Is that how you tell the difference?

17 minutes ago, VegasJeff said:

I just noticed there is no price on the cover. Is that how you tell the difference?

That is one difference. Also, look at the inside FC and the Back Cover, all referring to the comic and record set.

1 hour ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Does everyone realize this is the Golden Record Reprint and not the original ? I hope the OP knew this as he mentioned getting it for a nice price ?????

Yes. Which is why my first post named it as the GR AV 4 and not an Avengers 4. I assumed the OP knew and if he didn't, I hate to be the one to burst bubbles.

59 minutes ago, VegasJeff said:

Also, since this is not a periodical for newsstand consumption and part of a record, the ads and text pages, like fan letters, etc. that would normally be included in the newsstand issue are not here. The inside is different. Less pages. Just the story itself and as mentioned, the back cover and inside covers make mention of other products offered. Also, this is not as in the case of pence copies. It was issued 2 years or so after the newsstand release of Avengers 4 and only offered as part of the record, sealed within the wrap.

Edited by James J Johnson

1 hour ago, VegasJeff said:

Golden Record also produced FF 1, AS 1, and JIM 83 in the same format. A non-periodical comic like this, also issued in 1966, part of the record, sealed within the wrap. None have prices, they were included with the record.