• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Top Ten Hitler Covers
7 7

226 posts in this topic

This is definitely a tough one. Hard to believe but this copy is tied for second-highest graded. :whatthe:

Speaking of juiced colors, my scanner makes this one appear brighter than it is. Actually a very nice copy for the grade.  Most of the problems are on the back cover. 

2020-05-10-0001.jpg

1 minute ago, Sqeggs said:

This is definitely a tough one. Hard to believe but this copy is tied for second-highest graded. :whatthe:

Speaking of juiced colors, my scanner makes this one appear brighter than it is. Actually a very nice copy for the grade.  Most of the problems are on the back cover. 

2020-05-10-0001.jpg

Sqeggs! Where you been??!!

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

I've always loved the expression on Hitler's face on this one.

In the background, you can see Berlin apparently burning and presumably Hitler is in vamoose mode. Reflects the--unfortunately premature--optimism in the fall of 1944 that the war might end soon. 

2020-05-10-0001 5.48.17 PM.jpg

1 minute ago, Sqeggs said:

Yeah, I know it's been a dog's age since I was last on. Got super busy (actually still super busy) but I've been wondering how you all have been and figured the time had come to jump back on. 

Lots of coronavirus talk. An artist contest going on that’s pretty cool

On 5/11/2020 at 3:22 PM, Knightsofold said:

What are your top 5 Timely Hitler covers?

I guess Cap 1 has to top the list. I really like Young Allies 1. The Kansas City copy going $6K below guide a few days ago really surprised me. Wish now that I'd bid higher on it. 

Going across publishers, I'd probably say this one is my favorite. I bought it raw and read the story, which, unfortunately, is pretty awful. 

2017-08-18-0001_zpse2t2oknz.jpg

On 5/11/2020 at 11:27 AM, Sqeggs said:

2020-05-10-0001.jpg

How did i miss this one when you first posted?!?

:applause: Love it!

These companies’ contributions to the war effort after Marvel’s contribution of Captain America Comics #1 (March, 1941):

Fawcett - Master Comics #13 (April, 1941):

XXjEXfR.jpg

Ace - Four Favorites #1 (September, 1941):

DESZyvD.jpg

Eastern Color - Famous Funnies #102 (January, 1943):

0UjwVFa.jpg

Columbia - Big Shot #32 (February, 1943):

ONANy26.jpg

DC - World's Finest Comics #9 (Spring, 1943):

VGlAaPg.jpg

Temerson - Cat-Man Comics #v2#6 (19) (September, 1943):

uSraTnE.jpg