• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 129 on ebay. Great deal with fantastic photos to prove it.
1 1

40 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, spreads said:

There's a one-feedback bidder that was putting in multiple single bids, followed-up with the same pattern later by a three-feedback bidder.

3 feedback guy put in two bids total, and a 136 feedback bidder currently has them both topped in total bids.  Multiple single bids alone != shilling

Current top bidder has 67 feedback, and yet he's clearly maxed his bid at least at $310.  9.8s of this book don't even sell for anything close to that.

This is merely a bidding war of the ill-informed of unsound mind. 

Over $300-- even with the dark photo-- there are several that show the Punisher logo at the bottom-- you'd have to be a pretty uniformed collector to think this was an original.  Shame if an honest bidder gets taken on this.

38 minutes ago, AndyFish said:

Over $300-- even with the dark photo-- there are several that show the Punisher logo at the bottom-- you'd have to be a pretty uniformed collector to think this was an original.  Shame if an honest bidder gets taken on this.

Those photos of the Punisher logo at the bottom are new.

Pretty shady to add those photos and a statement about it being a reprint after the bidding reached above $300. "See ebay, I was being honest."

I'm pretty sure you can't add photos to an auction once there has been a bid, but regardless, I have little doubt this seller started out hoping to cash in on uniformed buyers and was playing hanky panky with the shadowy shots.

11 minutes ago, AndyFish said:

I'm pretty sure you can't add photos to an auction once there has been a bid, but regardless, I have little doubt this seller started out hoping to cash in on uniformed buyers and was playing hanky panky with the shadowy shots.

Here is the revision history for the item

leftLine_16x3.gifs.gif Revision summary for item #253374095794 s.gif
s.gif

x.gif The following revisions have been made:
Date Time Revised Information
Jan-21-18 06:09:16 PST

Description

Jan-21-18 12:30:03 PST

PictureURL: Pictures Added/Deleted

Jan-21-18 14:23:19 PST

PictureURL: Pictures Added/Deleted

Jan-21-18 18:05:59 PST

Description

Jan-22-18 11:30:48 PST

Description

The seller may make revisions during the listing period. However, the seller cannot change some of the information, such as format or duration of the listing. Learn more

As a buyer, you can see the item you purchased from the Purchase history page. Learn more

Edited by Bird

1 hour ago, AndyFish said:

You can add photos as long as there are more than 12 hours left in the auction.  

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/revising_restrictions.html

4 hours ago, spreads said:

There's a one-feedback bidder that was putting in multiple single bids, followed-up with the same pattern later by a three-feedback bidder.

4 hours ago, mattn792 said:

3 feedback guy put in two bids total, and a 136 feedback bidder currently has them both topped in total bids.  Multiple single bids alone != shilling

Current top bidder has 67 feedback, and yet he's clearly maxed his bid at least at $310.  9.8s of this book don't even sell for anything close to that.

This is merely a bidding war of the ill-informed of unsound mind. 

Alright, 1 feedback guy struck again and has no activity with other sellers.  Now we're getting shilly.

Still, why the f are legitimate bidders bidding so freakin' high?????  $380 now!!!

50 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Alright, 1 feedback guy struck again and has no activity with other sellers.  Now we're getting shilly.

Still, why the f are legitimate bidders bidding so freakin' high?????  $380 now!!!

most of bidding these days is done on mobile devices. The eBay app is designed in way to deliberately show the user very little information by default in regards to the item on which they are bidding.

22 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Photos look like an old person who probably didn't know anyway

yep i have noticed that eBay always defaults in a way that hurts both buyers and sellers ,,,

:tonofbricks:

,, if they are not on top of things .....

Edited by 1950's war comics

On 1/22/2018 at 11:25 AM, AndyFish said:

Uniformed bidders are the worst. Thinking they're special because they've got a special outfit...

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 5:15 PM, mattn792 said:

There only needs to have one illegitimate bidder to compromise the auction, regardless if the high bidder is legitimate that bidder was inversely affected by at least one shill thus compromising the integrity of the auction.

1 hour ago, mattn792 said:

You gotta be kidding me with this guy :facepalm:! Did you see the photos for his other listings? I can't see them without some sort of super magnify mode on my phone. One of them was taken next to his "dri-fit" sock! Dude's a joke!

Edited by MGsimba77