• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Homer the Happy Ghost #1 (1955 Atlas Comics, Stan Lee, Dan DeCarlo)

30 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Red Beard said:

I didn't think about what you all had mentioned about a good signature placement being better than it being a big key issue

actually that is just my own thoughts and hopes... the reality is that although the Homer #13 would look great signed in the sweet spot , it probably won't ever sell for what you have into it so if your getting it signed just do it for the experience of meeting Stan for a couple seconds !!

2 hours ago, Red Beard said:

I was able to get this one prepped tonight.  I had to make the box a little bigger to give him room to sign it.  I don’t want too small of a space to where the signature will be too crunched or that will cause them to take the book out and him signing it somewhere random.  What do you all think of the window size, sufficient or too small?

0246B8CA-F2E4-466B-A170-E7828718AB24.jpeg

Couple of suggestions:

Millie50jpg.jpg

I get the rarity thing and i get the he's 95 thing but what i don't quite get is this industry wide interest in getting comics signed.......i kind of like my comics the way they r. Nice and clean.....i know if u get that proof with a signiture it adds value but there's rampant forgery going on in multiple collecting fields and its a game that's 2 rich and wrought with danger 4 me. When I c comics on Ebay I want and then c that they r signed I just move on. I can't b the only 1 but i'm sure I'm in the minority.

38 minutes ago, Ahsoka Tano Jedi Apprentice said:

I get the rarity thing and i get the he's 95 thing but what i don't quite get is this industry wide interest in getting comics signed.......i kind of like my comics the way they r. Nice and clean.....i know if u get that proof with a signiture it adds value but there's rampant forgery going on in multiple collecting fields and its a game that's 2 rich and wrought with danger 4 me. When I c comics on Ebay I want and then c that they r signed I just move on. I can't b the only 1 but i'm sure I'm in the minority.

I totally get where you are coming from.  For me, I started collecting autographs when I was a kid...I was also collecting comics.  If I had a high grade key issue (like an old Spider-Man, Avengers, etc.) I wouldn't want it signed.  However, I do enjoy getting really nice covers signed.  I think its ok, especially with lower grade silver age books.  I guess to each his or her own though.  That is one of the cool things about this hobby, there are all different types of collectors out there. 

2 hours ago, Ahsoka Tano Jedi Apprentice said:

In this hobby, forged items represent a very insignificant percentage. In the signed cast poster arena, I'd venture 75% of the material offered is forged, from what I've seen, and that includes items with a COA or LOA! Now I'm not talking about major authenticators of great repute, but certificates from fly by night companies, most of which are fake themselves, many generated by the forger/seller himself!

In sportsmemorabilia, forgery and knockoffs are more rampant then ever.

On 1/21/2018 at 3:31 PM, Red Beard said:

I'm trying to decide if I want to get this book signed by Stan Lee or one of his other books.  I have:

Homer the Happy Ghost #1 (the one in this thread)

Homer the Happy Ghost #13 

Millie the Model #93

A Date With Millie #1

and I'm looking at maybe buying Two Gun Kid #60, but its a beater copy, OR Two Gun Kid #77

What are your all's thoughts on which book to go with?

Homer the Happy Ghost 1.jpg

Homer the Happy Ghost 13.jpg

Millie the Model 93.jpg

A Date With Millie 1.PNG

Two Gun Kid 60.jpg

Two Gun Kid 77.jpg

That Two Gun Kid i#60s real Hot book right now , even in that low grade its a good one , 

2nd best western comic key after Rawhide Kid #17.....