• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hangman 7 - trimmed or other?

16 posts in this topic

Thanks for the replies. I was able to look at it in person and saw some rough, choppy pieces on the right edge. This was up at a local auction on Sunday; I was in up to a point but didn't want to take the risk.

Probably more astounding is this lot of GA that was up for auction:

Classic Comics, Disney, Sparkler and Finn Comic Book Assortment

Auction estimate was $100-$150; was debating my max (incl buyer premium) when the lot opened at $400.

6 hours ago, manetteska said:

Thanks for the replies. I was able to look at it in person and saw some rough, choppy pieces on the right edge. This was up at a local auction on Sunday; I was in up to a point but didn't want to take the risk.

Probably more astounding is this lot of GA that was up for auction:

Classic Comics, Disney, Sparkler and Finn Comic Book Assortment

Auction estimate was $100-$150; was debating my max (incl buyer premium) when the lot opened at $400.

Were the classics the original editions?  The Arabian Nights appears to be. 

My limited experience with local auctions is that, rather than deals, you end up contending with irrational exuberance from other bidders.  So, I tend to skip them.

1 minute ago, Sqeggs said:
5 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

hangman7.jpg

Looks like the same copy to me. hm

Not exactly the same, but very similar.

29 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Were the classics the original editions?  The Arabian Nights appears to be. 

My limited experience with local auctions is that, rather than deals, you end up contending with irrational exuberance from other bidders.  So, I tend to skip them.

Yes, they were the originals from what I saw. The winning bid didn't come from someone in the room, so I wonder if he/she was able to look before buying. The grades and descriptions given by the auction house were not very good.

2 minutes ago, Shrevvy said:

The trimmed copy that started this thread. If I read it correctly, it was in the same auction that saw the Classics sell for $400.

$350 + 18% (or so) premium. It's definitely cut weird and rolled, but I'm not able to say if it was definitively trimmed or not. I would have taken a risk at a lower price point, but for at least $443 I was out.

The winner was also not in the room -- though could have checked out the comics before and bid from home.