• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mega City Book Club Podcast "Gaze into the Fist of Dredd"

15 posts in this topic

I recently gave an interview with Eamonn Clarke who runs "Mega City Book Club" which is a facebook group, blog and podcast that centers on and focuses upon 2000 AD comics, its creators, characters and stories. 

The interview centers on one of the more memorable pages from 2000AD;s, Judge Dredd's and Brian Bolland's histories....The "Gaze into the Fist of Dredd" page. 

Eamonn is a real professional and a lot of fun to talk to. 

He has well over 50 podcasts covering all manner of 2000AD topics already posted. 

If you find yourself bored with nothing to do take a listen: 

http://megacitybookclub.blogspot.com

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 3:46 PM, comix4fun said:

I recently gave an interview with Eamonn Clarke who runs "Mega City Book Club" which is a facebook group, blog and podcast that centers on and focuses upon 2000 AD comics, its creators, characters and stories. 

The interview centers on one of the more memorable pages from 2000AD;s, Judge Dredd's and Brian Bolland's histories....The "Gaze into the Fist of Dredd" page. 

Eamonn is a real professional and a lot of fun to talk to. 

He has well over 50 podcasts covering all manner of 2000AD topics already posted. 

If you find yourself bored with nothing to do take a listen: 

http://megacitybookclub.blogspot.com

Didn't see you posted this. I saw it elsewhere, and its a fun interview, Were you guys skyping of facetiming? It sounded like you were pulling some pages out to show him via the video link. Didn't know you had such a long and friendly relationship with Brian Bolland, who is my favorite artist. (And, a Bolland "Dredd" page is the closest thing to a grail I have). Also, you're too modest. Eamonn called that page "the most famous page in British comics history."

Edited by PhilipB2k17

3 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Didn't see you posted this. I saw it elsewhere, and its a fun interview, Were you guys skyping of facetiming? It sounded like you were pulling some pages out to show him via the video link. Didn't know you had such a long and friendly relationship with Brian Bolland, who is my favorite artist. (And, a Bolland "Dredd" page is the closest thing to a grail I have). Also, you're too modest. Eamonn called that page "the most famous page in British comics history."

We were using Skype, he could see me, so I took the opportunity to have the pages in front of me when we were discussing aspects of each piece. I did my best to try and remember that the interview would be posted as audio only but you could tell I was rifling through a stack of artwork when you listen to it. 

I got to know Brian, really, by accident. Spencer Beck gets the credit for helping setting up that Bolland Joker commission for me. The miracle worker he is. But then I went to SDCC in 2006 and introduced myself there. We got to know each other in the years that followed. 

I posted a few galleries on my CAF from my time as Brian's "Executor" (as he called me) at convention appearances.  There are a couple of galleries from NYCC 2007 and 2009. 

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=37565

Somewhere on my computer at home I have pics from Toronto 2008, Baltimore, Heroes con and a couple others. 

8 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

We were using Skype, he could see me, so I took the opportunity to have the pages in front of me when we were discussing aspects of each piece. I did my best to try and remember that the interview would be posted as audio only but you could tell I was rifling through a stack of artwork when you listen to it. 

I got to know Brian, really, by accident. Spencer Beck gets the credit for helping setting up that Bolland Joker commission for me. The miracle worker he is. But then I went to SDCC in 2006 and introduced myself there. We got to know each other in the years that followed. 

I posted a few galleries on my CAF from my time as Brian's "Executor" (as he called me) at convention appearances.  There are a couple of galleries from NYCC 2007 and 2009. 

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=37565

Somewhere on my computer at home I have pics from Toronto 2008, Baltimore, Heroes con and a couple others. 

There's a massive 2000AD collector who lives in Minnesota, and who posts regularly on some of the Facebook groups I am a member of. He posts some amazing stuff. Do you know him?

33 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

There's a massive 2000AD collector who lives in Minnesota, and who posts regularly on some of the Facebook groups I am a member of. He posts some amazing stuff. Do you know him?

He has 17 1/4" biceps...he is massive all right. (worship) 

45 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Giant head? Tiny Little Bird Legs? 

Talks Funny? 

I think I know him. 

35 minutes ago, Doc Joe said:

He is sexy AF. And has some good 2000AD stuff 

I know Chris likes a good fist ... I went in a different direction 

lol

19 minutes ago, Pirate said:

I wish I had heard the wait 6 months before buying my 1st piece.  You are 100% correct on that.

I still have pieces from my first six months.... If I tried to give them away, they'd probably give them back. 

On 1/23/2018 at 4:34 PM, comix4fun said:

Giant head? Tiny Little Bird Legs? 

Talks Funny? 

I think I know him. 

On 1/23/2018 at 10:03 PM, Doc Joe said:

He is sexy AF. And has some good 2000AD stuff 

I know Chris likes a good fist ... I went in a different direction 

Only one way to settle this...pose-down at the NYCC.  Will they even let us bring enough baby oil into the Javits Center?? :ohnoez: 

1 minute ago, delekkerste said:

Only one way to settle this...pose-down at the NYCC.  Will they even let us bring enough baby oil into the Javits Center?? :ohnoez: 

My Calves are EPIC!