• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The WE LOVE Stan Lee thread!
3 3

203 posts in this topic

On 2/23/2018 at 10:53 AM, Artboy99 said:

Stan's last appearance in Alberta Canada a few years ago all attendees who wanted his signature were told to NOT put windows in bags for signature placement. If any fan brought a book with windowed placement they were told to take it out. To my knowledge no one got a signature if their comic was bagged.

Probably because he kept missing the window, and signed the bag. 

6 minutes ago, koyama said:

New-Mutants-87-1st-Cable-SS-Signed-5x-STAN-LEE-LIEFELD-McFarlane-CGC-9-8-NM-MINT

I guess sometimes it takes two tries to get the whole face covered?

Mind boggling.  So which came first, the face sig, or the hair sig?  It makes no sense to have it done twice.   Then you have 3 different sigs below, all in 3 different colors of ink.   I wouldn't pay $1 for this. 

Here's my take on the whole signature on a comic book thing.

I don't understand why you get a purple label for ink on a comic, yet Sig series you don't. It's really the same thing. It will damage your book over time! I personally feel that if you want a signature of someone whom you admire(which I'm not adverse to) get it on something else.

I have Stans signature on a cartoon cel of Spider Man,it fills my need to have his signature. 

20180225_070153.jpg

1 hour ago, jcjames said:

Stan's uncanny ability to nail the face on almost every one of recent years can NOT be an accident.

:grin::facepalm:

His eyesight is terrible, but you are correct.  It's almost like he aims for the face.  Maybe that is the clearest thing on the cover he can make out?!  Weird.  

31 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Why can't Stan use a thinner Sharpie like Tom Palmer did?  Or at least use a new sharpie every once in a while.

in all honesty, yes we make fun of stan's ability to sign books in these threads but in all honesty it is truly not his fault, it is his handlers fault. he's 95 has been signing for decades now and has to sign thousands of books per convention, i mean they overwork him and it is not fair for him or for us, the fan's who because he is so tired of signing he can't sign right anymore. now for the problem with him signing on faces, i think it is when you give stan a pile of books to sign all at once, he most likely picks picks one spot to sign and quickly just gets through them all, signing without thought and wherever his pen lands (sometimes on the face) the problem with that horrible AF15 that he signed don the face, the worse stan sig ever guaranteed... i would say it was the guys fault, why on earth would you have a AF15 6.0, an easy 40k + book have signed by Stan just like that, like if i had taht copy, i would be pretty sure to tell stan or his handlers where i want it signed and if they dont listen, go up to stan and just tell him, he will do it if you ask, that is if he hears you... so as much as i love these threads by seeing beatiful books ruined, it is true on Stan being a legend no matter what. and i hope he feels better. Nuff Said'

4 hours ago, Aliens said:

in all honesty, yes we make fun of stan's ability to sign books in these threads but in all honesty it is truly not his fault, it is his handlers fault. he's 95 has been signing for decades now and has to sign thousands of books per convention, i mean they overwork him and it is not fair for him or for us, the fan's who because he is so tired of signing he can't sign right anymore. now for the problem with him signing on faces, i think it is when you give stan a pile of books to sign all at once, he most likely picks picks one spot to sign and quickly just gets through them all, signing without thought and wherever his pen lands (sometimes on the face) the problem with that horrible AF15 that he signed don the face, the worse stan sig ever guaranteed... i would say it was the guys fault, why on earth would you have a AF15 6.0, an easy 40k + book have signed by Stan just like that, like if i had taht copy, i would be pretty sure to tell stan or his handlers where i want it signed and if they dont listen, go up to stan and just tell him, he will do it if you ask, that is if he hears you... so as much as i love these threads by seeing beatiful books ruined, it is true on Stan being a legend no matter what. and i hope he feels better. Nuff Said'

I'd agree, it's like a conveyor belt. Best I can tell, Stan is just sorta aiming for the middle. I doubt he even sees what he's writing on. 

14 hours ago, Chaos_in_Canada said:

Right on the mark!:banana:

Untitled25.jpg

take these beauties out of this forum, these are not fails, i mainly like the TOS with Iron Man punching the green guy, forgot what number that is, perfect spot, that cover was made to be signed. also love the X-men!

4 hours ago, Aliens said:

take these beauties out of this forum, these are not fails, i mainly like the TOS with Iron Man punching the green guy, forgot what number that is, perfect spot, that cover was made to be signed. also love the X-men!

I agree, these are not signing fails.