• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The WE LOVE Stan Lee thread!
3 3

203 posts in this topic

On 3/8/2018 at 6:04 PM, Chaos_in_Canada said:

There's good & there's bad:p

Untitled+1.jpg

To be fair, there is not a ton of room on this cover for a black sharpie.  I guess over the Hyrda guy, but this cover has a lot of dark space or it's pretty busy. 

On 3/12/2018 at 1:03 PM, Zevgoli said:

Yup that’s John Romitas signature underneath Stan’s.

AC5B0698-9441-4906-BD5A-28E4D74846F2.jpeg

Or... Romita's on top of Stan's! hm

Hey, you got chocolate in my peanut butter! You got peanut butter on my chocolate!

Edited by jcjames

1 hour ago, Turtle said:

Interior signatures aren't super common as they once were...in fact I'm betting one would get shot down for asking for one in a recent Stan Lee signature line.  I was able to snag one for my collection years ago and now I consider myself lucky.  I got this at Dragon Con in 2010.  Stan happily signed with a ballpoint pen and I was sure to snap a couple pictures before sending it off for grading.  In retrospect, I wish I had done a few more books in this manner. 

Amazing Spider-man #014.jpg

100_4851.JPG

100_4852.JPG

But in 2010 stan was still signing nicely on many books with the exception of a few I do believe it was around 2015 that his signature started to reall6 become sloppy, but I have seen some sloppy examples from all the way back to 2013 so I may be wrong, but even in 2015 you could still get a legible sig out of him but now a days good luck even getting this ST of stan right ? also no hate toward someone stan we all love him even if he ruins a few books lol

#GetBetterStan “financially and personally”   

15 hours ago, Turtle said:

Interior signatures aren't super common as they once were...in fact I'm betting one would get shot down for asking for one in a recent Stan Lee signature line.  I was able to snag one for my collection years ago and now I consider myself lucky.  I got this at Dragon Con in 2010.  Stan happily signed with a ballpoint pen and I was sure to snap a couple pictures before sending it off for grading.  In retrospect, I wish I had done a few more books in this manner. 

Amazing Spider-man #014.jpg

100_4851.JPG

100_4852.JPG

Doesn't the book have to be witnessed in the presence of a CGC rep?  Or did they just take your photos, match it up with the sig and agree that was enough to confirm the authenticity?

7 hours ago, Erndog said:

Doesn't the book have to be witnessed in the presence of a CGC rep?  Or did they just take your photos, match it up with the sig and agree that was enough to confirm the authenticity?

he probably took a pic right before CGC graded it, your allowed to do that

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 3:18 PM, James J Johnson said:

It's a pet upgrade. Before you can get a freakin' pet owl, you need freakin' sacrificial pet mice. :bigsmile:

You start with some jelly to attract flies, trade up to a spider, and so on

1 hour ago, mattn792 said:

This one isn't Stan's fault, but why?  Just why?  Rubinstein on X-Men 94?  At all?  Who allowed this?  Just...no...  :facepalm:

s-l1600.jpg

Yikes, that should be illegal.

On 3/7/2018 at 5:51 PM, Boric Gold said:

Not really a fail...but falls firmly in the WHY category?

Oh and it can be yours if you really want it :takeit:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LIL-PALS-1-CGC-8-5-0WW-SS-STAN-LEE-SIGNED-2ND-HIGEST-SS-GRADED-1206677030/252580718949?hash=item3acefbe965:g:7hEAAOSwP~tW4EdS

LI-039-L-PALS-1-CGC-8-5-0WW-SS-STAN-LEE-SIGNED-2ND-HIGEST-SS-GRADED-1206677030

I don't know how to trim this, but it is what I think about with these odd Stan sigs. 

4 minutes ago, Spidey 62 said:

I don't know how to trim this, but it is what I think about with these odd Stan sigs. 

And in that episode they're all about the raw sig, for some big books too meh I always wondered what the one in Wolowitz hand was..... IH 181? now that you gave the plug, maybe I can Freeze Frame :) EDIT: AH I see that it is a hulk that I don't recognize, but had the same red and similar action so that's why I was confused...

Edited by ADAMANTIUM