• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The WE LOVE Stan Lee thread!
3 3

203 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, Spidey 62 said:

I don't know how to trim this, but it is what I think about with these odd Stan sigs. 

I always wondered how these books can be bagged and boarded... but still see the back cover. hm

Maybe board in the centerfold? :grin:

43 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

And in that episode they're all about the raw sig, for some big books too meh I always wondered what the one in Wolowitz hand was..... IH 181? now that you gave the plug, maybe I can Freeze Frame :) EDIT: AH I see that it is a hulk that I don't recognize, but had the same red and similar action so that's why I was confused...

IH160.

3 minutes ago, jcjames said:

I always wondered how these books can be bagged and boarded... but still see the back cover. hm

Maybe board in the centerfold? :grin:

I have a LCS who puts the board in the center on some but not on most...I think his reasoning when I asked was to keep out a spine roll, but he has it on random vg copies as well as nm+ so I may never know ha, got any ideas?

5 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I have a LCS who puts the board in the center on some but not on most...I think his reasoning when I asked was to keep out a spine roll, but he has it on random vg copies as well as nm+ so I may never know ha, got any ideas?

But that would make the spine and spine-corners ripe for damage.

19 minutes ago, jcjames said:

But that would make the spine and spine-corners ripe for damage.

I know right! It also makes it more difficult to take them out without damage to correct it....imo

I have a Hughes heroes issue I bought from there, a 9.6/9.8 probability, with the board in the middle. I already own a graded blue label, and I wanted the raw to get signed, if Hughes ever shows. I definitely wouldn't mail it off that way.... but I've left it alone until that day comes...

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

3 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

And in that episode they're all about the raw sig, for some big books too meh I always wondered what the one in Wolowitz hand was..... IH 181? now that you gave the plug, maybe I can Freeze Frame :) EDIT: AH I see that it is a hulk that I don't recognize, but had the same red and similar action so that's why I was confused...

Dang beat me to it! 

3 hours ago, jcjames said:

IH160.

Incredible_Hulk_Vol_1_160.jpg.6168672a64ca2553ba76e90703397019.jpg

7 hours ago, Aliens said:

Personally I don't think this one is bad but I would not have believed that was an authentic stan sig is CGC hadn't witnessed it

IMG_0375.PNG

An as bad as this is, as unbelievable as it is for this to be authentic, even this, has elements common to all of Stan Lee's signatures identifying it as such. Elements that are either typically overlooked by forgers or executed improperly.

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 6:01 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I saw your post and looked at your location.  Is the LCS Titan Comics? 

I used to live in Fort Worth and I headed over to Dallas to check out the shop.  To date, that's still the only place I've seen that puts the board in the middle of the book instead of behind it.

The guy behind the counter also very firmly asked some kids to leave since they didn't have a parent with them.  They were about 12 or 13.  I thought the behavior seemed a bit weird, but what do I know.  I certainly don't own a shop.

3 hours ago, Aliens said:

look they are brothers!

IMG_0464.thumb.PNG.bf398563ce3f239a7881f40104c5be39.png

5a4535e23a5f4_FF52SS-l1600.jpg.09d58177773b33ac22f812246bbdcbbe.jpg

The top book just adds insult to injury with it having the Stan Lee label. Like we didn’t know it was signed by him. 

Edited by deadleg