• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The WE LOVE Stan Lee thread!
3 3

203 posts in this topic

On 4/11/2018 at 8:21 AM, Betty-Bates said:

Depends on the circumstances. This is from 3 years ago and my heart is sad to see how things have gone down hill lately, but that is what age will do to you. I got to spend most of the day with him and it was a lot of fun. Even then you could tell the age was starting to take it's toll (but he was certainly still a feisty little gentleman!) Max was pushy yet understanding. I didn't see Max do anything inappropriate the whole day and I was literally 6in from Stan the whole time. He could have been a little more understanding of Stan's age, sure, but they were trying to get through the hundreds of guys standing in line wanting signatures before Stan just couldn't do it anymore and Stan understood and was down with that drill. They've done it many times before. I do think that now is past the time for that to continue. I've watched his new handlers at work and I'm not one bit happy with the situation.

I'm very thankful I got the opportunity that I did and I wish that the last conversations in Stan's sunset days were regarding how happy he is and how wonderful he is doing instead of what they are -- conversations about the various sad ways he's being taken advantage of. 

Does anyone know if his daughter is just rich and stupid or actually mentally challenged? These things would never happen to my daddy, and if there was any idea that something like this was happening I would have someone buried in my backyard REAL quick!

20180411_101104.jpg

20180411_100919.jpg

You shouldn't make any accusations unless you have solid proof. I can say some fans had some negative interactions with Max, including Max saying Stan wants to buy your item when really Max wants to buy it himself.

I've been in politics and the on the board of directors for conventions.  What I can say is everything needs time to play out.

Alot of things are happening right now alot of people formerly employed by Stan are releasing stories that we do not know if they are true or not. What are the intentions of his former employees? Are they truly concerned? Are they disgruntled and just went to make JC's life hell? Are they trying to figure a way to work themselves back in to get a piece of the pie?

We don't know. What we do have going on is a smear campaign. I don't know JC except for the one time I bumped into her and she was extremely nice. What I do know is Stan has been doing the cattle type signing for awhile now and slowly during that time his health is getting worse. He can't see what he has signing for awhile maybe close to three years now that is evident by bad signature placements and he continues ti sign with dried out markers until someone points out to him. He clearly has a hard time hearing people now and for the past two years I have heard from facilitators that he falls asleep in the middle of signing an item. We do know that he just got done with a spell of pneumonia.

What we don't know going on in the video is what were the circumstances going on to cause them to say his name and how to spell it.

Did he just wake up? Just needed his memory jogged a bit. Is he still having some bad side effects from the pneumonia and he came back to soon because he is pigheaded and once he has his mind up he is doing something then he can't be talked out of it not even by his own daughter? Is what we saw the Stan Lee we can expect to see from now on after his fight with pneumonia? If that is the case then everyone including his crew learned for the first time that he can't handle that load anymore. Maybe they talk him into retiring because they don't want the bad press or maybe he can still handle doing shows, but his work load needs to be cut down to a limited number of photo ops and signatures.

I know if the shows are still making him happy and giving him drive to live. No need to completely eliminate something that he truly loves if he still wants to do it for himself if limits are set and he truly wants to do it.

Now if he doesn't want to do it anymore or is afraid if he continues to do this people will get hurt. Then he should eliminate it altogether.

All I can say is there are plenty of people on this board who knows what is going on and many of them have just asked to limit his workload for the past three years.

On 4/10/2018 at 7:29 PM, jcjames said:

Horrible, this no longer Stan Lee, "Stan The Man Lee" is gone, now there's just a man who used to be him - so sad.

Seriously, this needs to stop.

Someone - ANYONE - here who has any connection to Stan or his daughter MUST act. This is elderly abuse!

It was elder abuse 3 years ago when I stopped getting his autographs done in 2015 from what I saw was going on and a disservice to fans, but his health has gradually declined each year.

The question is if Stan has mind dead set can his own crew stop him?

1 hour ago, reddwarf666222 said:

You shouldn't make any accusations unless you have solid proof. I can say some fans had some negative interactions with Max, including Max saying Stan wants to buy your item when really Max wants to buy it himself.

I've been in politics and the on the board of directors for conventions.  What I can say is everything needs time to play out.

Alot of things are happening right now alot of people formerly employed by Stan are releasing stories that we do not know if they are true or not. What are the intentions of his former employees? Are they truly concerned? Are they disgruntled and just went to make JC's life hell? Are they trying to figure a way to work themselves back in to get a piece of the pie?

We don't know. What we do have going on is a smear campaign. I don't know JC except for the one time I bumped into her and she was extremely nice. What I do know is Stan has been doing the cattle type signing for awhile now and slowly during that time his health is getting worse. He can't see what he has signing for awhile maybe close to three years now that is evident by bad signature placements and he continues ti sign with dried out markers until someone points out to him. He clearly has a hard time hearing people now and for the past two years I have heard from facilitators that he falls asleep in the middle of signing an item. We do know that he just got done with a spell of pneumonia.

What we don't know going on in the video is what were the circumstances going on to cause them to say his name and how to spell it.

Did he just wake up? Just needed his memory jogged a bit. Is he still having some bad side effects from the pneumonia and he came back to soon because he is pigheaded and once he has his mind up he is doing something then he can't be talked out of it not even by his own daughter? Is what we saw the Stan Lee we can expect to see from now on after his fight with pneumonia? If that is the case then everyone including his crew learned for the first time that he can't handle that load anymore. Maybe they talk him into retiring because they don't want the bad press or maybe he can still handle doing shows, but his work load needs to be cut down to a limited number of photo ops and signatures.

I know if the shows are still making him happy and giving him drive to live. No need to completely eliminate something that he truly loves if he still wants to do it for himself if limits are set and he truly wants to do it.

Now if he doesn't want to do it anymore or is afraid if he continues to do this people will get hurt. Then he should eliminate it altogether.

All I can say is there are plenty of people on this board who knows what is going on and many of them have just asked to limit his workload for the past three years.

What exactly did @Betty-Bates accuse anyone of?

1 minute ago, reddwarf666222 said:

Stan's daughter needs to be left out of our comments unless you have solid evidence.

Are you for real?  By JC's own account of the events at SVCC 2018, she had her own booth set up (an obvious draw of her attention away from her father) and decided she needed to have a lawyer tell her what to do when she couldn't get near Stan during the show.  AND she took said lawyer's advice to just pack up and leave early.

Add in to that the recently circulated account of her accosting and injuring both of her elderly parents over a monetary dispute, and questions such as "Does anyone know if his daughter is just rich and stupid or actually mentally challenged?" are absolutely fair game. 

6 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Are you for real?  By JC's own account of the events at SVCC 2018, she had her own booth set up (an obvious draw of her attention away from her father) and decided she needed to have a lawyer tell her what to do when she couldn't get near Stan during the show.  AND she took said lawyer's advice to just pack up and leave early.

Add in to that the recently circulated account of her accosting and injuring both of her elderly parents over a monetary dispute, and questions such as "Does anyone know if his daughter is just rich and stupid or actually mentally challenged?" are absolutely fair game. 

Accounts from whom disgruntled former employees who may have an agenda?

Just now, James J Johnson said:

???  I've read that sentence 5 times through and still can't interpret it grammatically. Can mean anything. Please clarify.  

It really doesn't matter, he's just dodging the reality that things are seriously wrong around Stan Lee.  I just read this article that was released today:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/in-a-new-video-stan-lee-threatens-to-sue-anyone-report-1825212978

Stan's (likely coached) statement raises even more questions than it answers.

3 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

???  I've read that sentence 5 times through and still can't interpret it grammatically. Can mean anything. Please clarify.  

Fake news!  Since nothing can be 100% confirmed it must be false!

I believe that Stan Lee may or may not have made more comments via TMZ,

heard snidbits that Stan said when the news says that he is going to con's against his will, that it is a wrong statement.

Can anyone confirm?

3 minutes ago, DjMartini said:

Here is the reported video that was delivered to TMZ:

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_t2r3ichz

Thanks! Imo, there has to be some truth to it, I don't think that he could memorize all those lines verbatim etc, nor could he see to read that. It is obvious that he is in control of some faculties, which I believe are enough to CHOOSE, whether or not to say those things; everything else is hearsay

The unfortunate thing is that his own quote is very relevant here "With great power comes great responsibility" Who has the power and who has the responsibility? Also that video that has been produced with Stan is sickening for the very reason that his fans and others care and for that emotion he wants to sue, something strange here and it aint called Stephen.