• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justin Hammer / Peter Cushing
1 1

75 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

I know you didn't ask me, but the theme was fantastic and and I liked the one where the girl dressed up as a Queen and killed her suitors. And the one where the parents staged weird things in their house and the kids killed them at the end. 

The entire series was pretty good I thought and kept Hammer alive in the 1980s. I liked the episode Children of the Full Moon as well.

1 minute ago, Cushing Fan said:

The entire series was pretty good I thought and kept Hammer alive in the 1980s. I liked the episode Children of the Full Moon as well.

Was that the werewolf one?

Just now, Cushing Fan said:

Yes indeed! And that creepy house in the opening credits was the same one used in the film Vampyres by Jose Larraz.

I have to confess, it really did spook me as a kid. It's funny how some things stay with you. The Queen stabbing the policeman at the end of that episode gave me nightmares. And I'm going to bed now! Look what you've done to me :cry:

3 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

I have to confess, it really did spook me as a kid. It's funny how some things stay with you. The Queen stabbing the policeman at the end of that episode gave me nightmares. And I'm going to bed now! Look what you've done to me :cry:

Have a good night he he he...

He really was a talented man did you ever hear the story about him nearly getting arrested for that talent? As for the Hammer series I have to confess I was not a fan actually, except for 1984 his TV work especially horror orientated was not suited to his character even Tales of the unexpected never showed him at his best  although he was the highlight of that episode. As for Brian Cox have you ever watched Therese Raquin 1980 now that is one unsettling serial and it has Kate Nelligan acting like a cat on her bed hubba hubba. That gave me nightmares and every sound I heard on the stairs was Kenneth Cranham  back to get me!

1 hour ago, tv horror said:

He really was a talented man did you ever hear the story about him nearly getting arrested for that talent? As for the Hammer series I have to confess I was not a fan actually, except for 1984 his TV work especially horror orientated was not suited to his character even Tales of the unexpected never showed him at his best  although he was the highlight of that episode. As for Brian Cox have you ever watched Therese Raquin 1980 now that is one unsettling serial and it has Kate Nelligan acting like a cat on her bed hubba hubba. That gave me nightmares and every sound I heard on the stairs was Kenneth Cranham  back to get me!

Please share the story of Cushing almost getting arrested - never heard it! And I will definitely have to check out Therese Raquin 1980 now!

Don't watch it before you go to sleep as I can guarantee you'll never forget it. As for Peter when he was touring in Canada just after he left England, the play he was acting in needed some Nazi flags so Peter being Peter set out to make the mini flags. Unfortunately his landlady caught him making them and was going to call the police.  

10 hours ago, Cushing Fan said:

Have a good night he he he...

Phew, I made it.

Or did I......?

Related image

11 hours ago, tv horror said:

I'm useless at computers I have a pet monkey who even writes these for me and you're asking for photos! Seriously I can't post photos my nephew wants me to go on Youtube and he will film me with my collection which is a 13'x12' room filled floor to ceiling with books, comics, toys and magazines never mind my autograph collection: Karloff, Lugosi, Chaney jr, Price, Lee, Gray, Rathbone the list goes on. I'm such a technophobe I don't even use any of the platforms such as Facebook Twitter or Instragram maybe that's why I'm so happy or is that insane Maw ha ha.     

We need to see this room! Take a course on loading up photos TVH :grin:

7 hours ago, tv horror said:

I have another somewhat spooky story concerning Peter Cushing, this is true. Back in 1997 Peter died in 1995 I was in my local Waterstones here in Belfast, so there I was looking through the horror film books when suddenly a thin booklet fell to the floor? I picked it up and it was a booklet called Peter Cushing a celebration, I could hardly believe my eyes. The story gets stranger I bring it to the counter and I asked the staff what price it was they looked at it and shook their heads. At that one of them called the manager when he came they asked him,"it's not one of our books take it if you want it".  I was out of that shop like the Flash. I later found out it was only available in Whitstable? Was Peter giving me a gift from beyond, I like to think so as he was that type of man. Although I'm still wondering how the booklet appeared in the horror section of a Northern Ireland bookshop. 

I like that story (not literally alas, as I've run out of them). I'm sure he was sending it to you TVH. Imagine what they get up to up there, looking down and watching us hunt around for traces of their mortal lifes work. Must be gratifying, so breaking the rules with an inexplicable pamphlet probably wont be looked upon too sternly by the surely affectionate gatekeeper. "Cushing! What have I told you about sending little messages...." :cloud9:

9 hours ago, tv horror said:

Don't watch it before you go to sleep as I can guarantee you'll never forget it. As for Peter when he was touring in Canada just after he left England, the play he was acting in needed some Nazi flags so Peter being Peter set out to make the mini flags. Unfortunately his landlady caught him making them and was going to call the police.  

Ah, I forgot about that story - it was during his Hollywood stint before WWII. I thought it was great that he got to work with Laurel and Hardy there filming A Chump at Oxford.

On 2/4/2018 at 4:52 PM, tv horror said:

I'm useless at computers I have a pet monkey who even writes these for me and you're asking for photos! Seriously I can't post photos my nephew wants me to go on Youtube and he will film me with my collection which is a 13'x12' room filled floor to ceiling with books, comics, toys and magazines never mind my autograph collection: Karloff, Lugosi, Chaney jr, Price, Lee, Gray, Rathbone the list goes on. I'm such a technophobe I don't even use any of the platforms such as Facebook Twitter or Instragram maybe that's why I'm so happy or is that insane Maw ha ha.     

Your computer skills are pretty good now (thumbsu