• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM: Adventure Comics #109 (Oct 1946) ... 0.5, 1.0, 1.5 ???

10 posts in this topic

Rough with the worm holes and chews, but it could have been a whole lot worse. Inner cover presents nicely without that high degree of foxing the outer cover has, made even more prominent by the light, bright cover colors, which offer no help t provide coverage for those spots like on many issues with foxing on dark colors and lower visibility. I've seen a few CGC graded Golden age books almost like this before, and if my memory serves me correctly, the outer cover was a 2.0 and the inner cover, a 3.0 

My feeling is that here, a 1.5 outer, 2.5 inner is more appropriate.

Edited by James J Johnson

21 minutes ago, Haupia said:

Does CGC grade double covers? and if so, do they grade each cover separately or as a whole? 

They give a grade for each cover. As an example, the label will bear the higher grade of the two covers, then around the area where the page color is, small notes: "Outer cover: 1.5, Inner cover: 2.5". Or something to that effect.