• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Top 5 UNDERWATER GA Covers?
8 8

336 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, sagii said:

:golfclap:LOVE that book! Congrats! :x

Thanks Corey.  I finally went through my raw books that have stored for around 30 years and pulled about 100 out to send in (a few new raw additions in there too).  Slow track so this batch and the rest take an eternity. 

5 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Such a cool book! I collect Prize and have never seen that one except in Gerber.

Thanks RM.  I don't collect Prizes per se but grab them when I can.  Some fun reads and covers.

On 1/28/2018 at 1:07 PM, BarristerBaker said:

This book is awfully tough. So, so difficult in grade. Took me years to find a decent copy. This, All-Flash 32 and Green Lantern 30 are three of my favorites and are silly challenging in FN or better. 

I was lucky when this cool original owner collection came to market locally. He was selling it a little at a time. I hit the Catman, Speed, Ace, Nedor, MLJ and a few Centaurs and the other obscure ones first. He didn’t seem to care that much about them. Then out came the DCs. Ed Robertson got most of the Batman and Tecs. So, I went for the later runs. I got all the later Flash, All Flash, Green Lantern and All Americans. He had most of them including the last issues and Harliquin ones. About Vg-fine at a little less than Ostreet because I was buying a lot. It was a nail biting few months. But I got all the stuff I really wanted. I did miss out on the few Timelys in the collection but hey... Probably the best OO GA collection I have ever seen first hand.

On 3/21/2018 at 8:50 AM, Sqeggs said:

Do you know if they kept the series going?

Yes, there were 70 in the first series, with the first 12 and  #37 up being in the normal portrait format. The first 20 didn't have the classics illustrated banner.

https://www.comics.org/series/30821/covers/

https://www.comics.org/series/30822/covers/

Then there were many, many reprints, like everywhere else.