• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 "THIS SCORE NEEDS FIXIN" REQUESTS
4 4

133 posts in this topic

• Administrator

2018 "THIS SCORE NEEDS FIXIN" REQUESTS

The lines are open!

*****PLEASE READ - SOME INFORMATION HAS CHANGED *********

This is the place to request that scores in the CGC Registry competitive scores be evaluated. You may have slight disagreements with scores, but some of those slight disagreements just boil down to a judgment call. What we're looking for here are clearly incorrect scoring examples. Please provide links, sales histories or any other data that may be helpful in making the appropriate changes to the score.

When making requests, please use full title of the book and publish date. There have been so many reboots, I just want to make sure that we are looking at the same book.

I understand that this tread has been closed forever and you are anxious to have you scores updated, but right out of the gate, let's take this slow. Start with the key issues that irk you most and need the attention the most. 

Please try to avoid request like "Update all scores in X-Men (1963)." While I agree, some of these type of requests will be valid, I would like to focus on single book upgrades that are grossly under valued in points and less of the 700-800 books need to go up one point. Multiple people, requesting 700-800 all at once, is only going to clog the pipe. I am not saying "no" to these type of requests. I am just asking if we can hold off for a bit.

***If the score simply has a “0” just PM me and I will fix it.****

A big thanks to all of you for your understanding while they were updating the system.

Now... let's update some scores!

-m.

• Administrator

These are the requests that I could find from Gemma's past notes.

All highlighted books have been updated, as my practice runs.

If you had a previous request that is not listed here, I'm sorry, but please repost your request again.  It may have been misplaced in the changing of the guards, chat board switch, extended time lapse....

Amazing Spider-Man 252, 361, 678 Variant Ed, Annual 21

Wolverine Limited Series and Legends 1 & 3

X-Factor 5, 6 & 24 & 19

Walking Dead #92 & 63, 1, 116 3rd Print, 144 Sketch Variant

-------------------------------------------

John Byrne's Next Men 21

Savage She Hulk 1

Firestorm 1 & 3

X-Men 129

Green Lantern 201

Flash #139

Flash Comics #86

Spider-Gwen 1 Hughes Variant Cover

Brave and Bold #25

Wolverine #1 (2010) Campbell Variant

Edge Of Spider-Verse #2 Land Variant

Ultimate Fallout #4 Djurdjevic Variant

Wolverine #145 Nabisco Variant

Daredevil #1

Detective #39

Strange Tales #89

Captain Britain #8

Avengers #181, 144

Defenders #28

Iron Man #44

Jungle Action #5

Marvel Premiere #19, 15

Marvel Team-Up #95

Power Man #24, 48

Power Man and Iron Fist #50

Forever People 1 (1971)

Siege (2010) #3 Campbell Variant Cover

Uncanny X-Men (1963) #510 Sketch Cover

Giant-Size Defenders #3

Marvel Super-Heroes #13

Sgt. Fury #1

Some other requests were:

Amazing Spider-Man #300 (1st appearance of Venom) - CGC 9.8s sell for $2,000.

Amazing Spider-Man #301 - CGC 9.8s sell for $800.

Batman #251 (classic Neal Adams Joker cover)- CGC 9.8s have recently sold for over $5,000.

Detective Comics #359 (1st appearance of Barbara Gordon/Batgirl)- all grades have gone up in price. Recent sale on ComicLink: CGC 9.2 sold for about $8,000.

New Mutants #98  (1st appearance of Deadpool)- although there are many copies out there, CGC 9.8s sell for $800-$1,000.

Edited by Lookin4Newsstands

Also these 2 Silver Age books have been selling for close to $4,000 in CGC 9.8 in recent years:

Amazing Spider-Man #61 (1st Gwen Stacy cover)

Amazing Spider-Man #86 (Origin of the Black Widow, and 1st appearance of her classic costume).

Edited by Lookin4Newsstands

Detective Comics 27-38 should see their scores quintuple across all grades and conditions (Universal, Restored and Conserved).

I don't think I need to elaborate on the desirability, importance and scarcity of these books. If I start talking sales prices then relevant score increase should go to tenfold.

Thank you for your effort and consideration.

Edited by Gotham Kid

Hello,

I would like CGC to consider point increases for Batman 232 and 234 and Detective Comics 402, 405 and 411 because these five issues are not only in high demand, their prices in the CGC graded 9.4 to 9.8 grades, for instance, have increased substantially for a sustained period of time. For example, when a CGC graded copy of Detective Comics 402 in these grades is for sale the demand and price are significant and, recently, a CGC graded 9.4 copy of Detective Comics 411 sold for over $4000. Thank you for your consideration.

Amazing Spider-Man #51 9.6 - it's the first-ever Kingpin cover - sold in May 2017 at ComicConnect for more than 7k - I don't have the link but it's on GPAnalysis:

Unavngivet.thumb.png.2d4d6a4519a8b77bbced4807657a51c8.png

Other ASM #51 9.6 books sold at Comiclink for 4k and 6k respectively (the last two or three years), but the links have been removed - and Comiclink sales are not tracked by GPAnalysis. The current Registry score is 1700, it would be fair to see this score increased, thanks!

On 24/1/2018 at 3:33 PM, Lookin4Newsstands said:

Also these 2 Silver Age books have been selling for close to $4,000 in CGC 9.8 in recent years:

Amazing Spider-Man #61 (1st Gwen Stacy cover)

Amazing Spider-Man #86 (Origin of the Black Widow, and 1st appearance of her classic costume).

I paid 3k for my ASM #59 - don't forget that book too (thumbsu Note that #59 is the first cover to feature the sultry image of Spidey's eventual bride, Mary Jane Watson :cloud9: 

Spoiler

Congratulations! You are the winning bidder on the following ComicLink auction:

Item Detail:

ITEM DETAIL: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #59, CGC 9.8 NM/MT
FINAL PRICE: $2857

Please go to your ComicTrack "My Bids" page to checkout:http://www.comiclink.com/./Comictrack/Auctions/bids.asp?All=2 

You can combine shipping for Auction items after all items end by clicking on the CHECKOUT AND PAY FOR AUCTION WINNINGS link on the above page, and proceed from there. The Auctions must end close enough in time so that we receive payment by the due date. If you have purchases pending in the For Sale section that have not yet been shipped to you, we will combine them with your Auction shipment so you can save on shipping. Please remember that payment is due within 10 days of the date of this confirmation - unless time payments were arranged for in advance of your bids, we must have payment within this time period for your ComicLink account to remain in good standing. Thank you for bidding and for your patronage!

ComicLink Staff
www.comiclink.com
Email - buysell@comiclink.com
Phone - 617/517-0062 

Edited by Rune

• Administrator

***IMPORTANT NOTICE***

Posts that have been "edited" at a later date than the original post will be skipped and fulfilled at the date that the "edit" was made from this point on...

So... if you would like to add to your request, you would be better off to just make a new post.

Just trying to keep it fair.

-m.

Idea... Instead of individual books, why not go by titles. Each week, take a different title, like X-Men, and focus on it. We can point out overlooked issues.  It may help things to go faster. Also, less books will be overlooked. (shrug)

Edited by Bomber-Bob

On 1/23/2018 at 2:41 PM, TheGirlHasNoName said:

These are the requests that I could find from Gemma's past notes.

All highlighted books have been updated, as my practice runs.

If you had a previous request that is not listed here, I'm sorry, but please repost your request again.  It may have been misplaced in the changing of the guards, chat board switch, extended time lapse....

Amazing Spider-Man 252, 361, 678 Variant Ed, Annual 21

Wolverine Limited Series and Legends 1 & 3 (Which series?)

X-Factor 5, 6 & 24 & 19

Walking Dead #92 & 63, 1, 116 3rd Print, 144 Sketch Variant

-------------------------------------------

John Byrne's Next Men 21

Savage She Hulk 1

Firestorm 1 & 3

X-Men 129

Green Lantern 201

Flash #139

Flash Comics #86

Spider-Gwen 1 Hughes Variant Cover

Brave and Bold #25

Wolverine #1 (2010) Campbell Variant

Edge Of Spider-Verse #2 Land Variant

Ultimate Fallout #4 Djurdjevic Variant

Wolverine #145 Nabisco Variant

Daredevil #1

Detective #39

Strange Tales #89

Captain Britain #8

Avengers #181, 144

Defenders #28

Iron Man #44

Jungle Action #5

Marvel Premiere #19, 15

Marvel Team-Up #95

Power Man #24, 48

Power Man and Iron Fist #50

Forever People 1 (1971)

Siege (2010) #3 Campbell Variant Cover

Uncanny X-Men (1963) #510 Sketch Cover

Giant-Size Defenders #3

Marvel Super-Heroes #13

Sgt. Fury #1

(thumbsu  I had a few in the list and the scores look good, much better. Good job !!!

Tales to Astonish #44, 1st appearance of the Wasp, can probably use a 4X point boost.

Fantastic Four 48, 1st appearance of the Silver Surfer, is on fire. The point should double, at least.

Fantastic Four 52, 1st appearance of the Black Panther. Movie coming, very desirable book. Again, the points should at least double, probably triple. 

So many books I want to list but I do not want to bombard you all at once. Thanks. 

This fix would be a personal favor.

Blackhawk 133, 1st appearance of the Lady Blackhawk. The book is hard to find and prices have escalated.  A 3.0 sold for 285.00 . A 4.5 sold for 490.00. I bought a 6.5 and paid 750.00 , I got 23 Registry points ???? This must be a mistake. Book needs a 30X bump. Crazy !

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 is a very popular book. The points are woefully low, probably a 4X boost is needed.

Tales of Suspense 39, 1st Iron Man, could use a doubling of points, at least.

Strange Adventures #205, 1st Deadman, hot issue. It could use a 4X bump in points.

Star Spangled War stories #84, 1st appearance of  Mademoiselle Marie. Very desirable and difficult to find in any grade. I paid 450.00 for my 4.0 and I got 26 Registry points ????  Maybe a 20X bump. :baiting:

My Greatest Adventure #80, 1st appearance of the Doom Patrol could use at least a 3X bump. 

Adventure #247, 1st appearance of the Legion of Super Heroes, can use a 3X bump.