• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 "THIS SCORE NEEDS FIXIN" REQUESTS
4 4

133 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

@TheGirlHasNoName

Thank you ! :foryou:

I ran a check of registry point allocation (Detective 37) against a whole span of grades in both universal and restored, and points are now much better aligned with current market value. I would know ;) 

Good job !

It does seem like quite a bump - today's GPA:

DC37.thumb.png.836a795a232bfa3d96bcc31bcd98c8ac.png

And awarded points:

CD37-points.thumb.png.6901474946fc2d2c15e071511670d129.png

I can't find much info about newer sales above 7.0, interesting if the 9.0 would get anywhere near $200,000 if it was put up for auction... hm Then again, 10-15 x increase in 15 years may of course be possible.  

The 37 8.5 is listed at 125K. If I had the funds I’d buy it. And it will sell, of that I have no doubt.

Edited by Gotham Kid

The 7.5 is now an 8.0 and sold for so much more. That sale is not on GPA neither are several other sales in universal and restored grades.

Edited by Gotham Kid

1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

The 7.5 is now an 8.0 and sold for so much more. That sale is not on GPA neither are several other sales in universal and restored grades.

Also congrats - you must have bought a really impressive book - I can see you currently have an amazing 425,104 Registry points and just 9 books!  Amazing!

My Conan collection seems to be going nowhere, sigh. 

Amazing Spider-Man 648 Variant Edition

Amazing Spider-Man 688 Variant Edition

Amazing Spider-Man 700 Variant Edition

Amazing Spider-Man(2015) 18 Decomixado Edition

Superior Spider-Man 20 Variant Cover

Superior Spider-Man 22 Variant Cover

These are all selling for 300 or more

Edited by gregwynn
Added 2 books

• Administrator

Hello Registry Members-

Per my recent post:

Any request made prior to this entry will be fulfilled (with time for additions) before the Registry Deadline, June 15th, 2018.

Any request from this post forward cannot be guaranteed to be completed by the deadline for this year’s awards.

Good luck to you all!

-m.

On 5/5/2018 at 2:02 PM, Gotham Kid said:

The 37 8.5 is listed at 125K. If I had the funds I’d buy it. And it will sell, of that I have no doubt.

@RuneTec 37 8.5 has since SOLD. PristineComics also sold their Detective 44 9.4 :x

Edited by Gotham Kid

28 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

@RuneTec 37 8.5 has since SOLD. PristineComics also sold their Detective 44 9.4 :x

Can't find the book on eBay anymore - do you know if it sold for 125K or a reduced price? Well, maybe it'll be on GPA in a few days... 

TEC 44 9.4 would indeed be an awesome book to own :cloud9:

s-l1600.jpg.1569cd77b60a4f96ab5219b350339115.jpg

19 minutes ago, Rune said:

do you know if it sold for 125K or a reduced price?

considering the :whatthe: prices paid for high grade batman and detective books in the last Pedigree auction and on Heritage, I wouldn't be surprised at all that full price was paid. Heck, I would have paid full price if I had 125K lying around :flipbait: ...

Edited by Gotham Kid

Hi

Could you review a few more Silver Age books when you get chance please:

• Amazing Spider-man #20 - first appearance of the Scorpion. Points value for 9.4 is 3000 and most recent sale on GPA is $4541. I would recommend a 50% increase on this book
  • Amazing Spider-man #23 - third appearance of the Green Goblin and particularly scarce in high grade with only 24 copies graded at 9.4 and above. Registry for 9.4 is 1800 and most recent GPA is $3000. Again I would recommend a 50% increase.
  • Fantastic Four #13 - first appearance of the Watcher and spectacularly difficult in high grade with only ten copies graded at 9.4 and above. Registry score for 9.4 is 6000 with current GPA at $11353 with a similar differential at 9.2 grade (3000 points against most recent GPA of $6900). I would recommend points value be doubled on this book.
  • Journey into Mystery #91 - like all early Thor JIMs this is very scarce in high grade with only seven copies graded at 9.4 and above with just one 9.6 and no 9.8s. Registry for 9.4 is 2700 with most recent GPA of $3600. The differential at 9.2 grade is more stark with points value of 1350 and most recent GPA of $2500. I would recommend a 50% increase on this book.
  • Tales of Suspense #67 - another book that is very scarce in high grade, particularly for a 1965 book, with just 14 copies at 9.4 or better with a single copy graded at 9.8. Registry for 9.4 is 480 points with most recent GPA for this grade at $695. I would recommend a 50% increase for this book.

Many thanks for considering these.

Jon 

What in the world happened to the registry?  I see I lost top spot in my Y The Last Man collection which should never happen unless someone changes the scoring. I look at the history and a bunch of my signature series books went from 28 points to 27. Uhm.......why??

also see as soon as I relinquish top spot in Preacher then it is voted best set for the new #1. Gotta love CGC politics. 

Can you review the scoring for All Star Comics 8 which has shot up in value and is being recognized more and more as a major key (always has been but still) 

Also for Whiz 2 (1) , first Captain Marvel, again a 6.0 just sold for 175K on Heritage , seems under represented in the registry for point, its an uncommon book in unrestored 23 copies only (most of them 3.0 or lower) - compared with 40 graded action 1's 

and All Star Comics 3 - first Justice League , a 5.5 sold on Comic Connect for 27K, 6.0 are going for 35-40K, its another book that has been increasing in recognition with the film but also the first super hero team. 

all three seem under represented in points given the changes in value in the last few years

thanks

5 hours ago, Doc Joe said:

Can you review the scoring for All Star Comics 8 which has shot up in value and is being recognized more and more as a major key (always has been but still) 

Also for Whiz 2 (1) , first Captain Marvel, again a 6.0 just sold for 175K on Heritage , seems under represented in the registry for point, its an uncommon book in unrestored 23 copies only (most of them 3.0 or lower) - compared with 40 graded action 1's 

and All Star Comics 3 - first Justice League , a 5.5 sold on Comic Connect for 27K, 6.0 are going for 35-40K, its another book that has been increasing in recognition with the film but also the first super hero team. 

all three seem under represented in points given the changes in value in the last few years

thanks

Completely agree. Sales of restored and universal copies in varying grades far outweigh points attributed.

Wish I owned any one of those books.

Edited by Gotham Kid

52 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Completely agree. Sales of restored and universal copies in varying grades far outweigh points attributed.

Wish I owned any one of those books.

#metoo

one day though...

On 1/25/2018 at 3:10 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

Hello,

I would like CGC to consider point increases for Batman 232 and 234 and Detective Comics 402, 405 and 411 because these five issues are not only in high demand, their prices in the CGC graded 9.4 to 9.8 grades, for instance, have increased substantially for a sustained period of time. For example, when a CGC graded copy of Detective Comics 402 in these grades is for sale the demand and price are significant and, recently, a CGC graded 9.4 copy of Detective Comics 411 sold for over $4000. Thank you for your consideration.

Hello,

Please review again the points for Detective Comics 402 as I believe that a substantial increase is warranted because a CGC graded 9.6 copy recently sold for $3000 in an auction format.

Once again, thank you for your consideration.